A fairing option for the XC...

Just pulled this off ADV rider might be of interest to you guys :thumb2
http://www.britanniacomposites.com/lynx.html

Just for more info:

I looked at this a few months ago - they said ...

---

Hi Paul,

We can ship to the UK and the cost is around $90 USD. You also need to be aware that our low beam light is orientated for driving on the right, so you would need those stick on deflectors that you guys use when you go to the continent.

---

Paul

I too was looking into and will probably go down that route. Ian (at Britannia) gave me the ref number for the Hella light module used so you can source the same module from the UK (for riding on right side of road). He deducts the cost of removing the light module. Just trying to work out best way of getting it into the country (Ireland or UK for me). Wonder if we could do a bulk buy??? ANy takers?

Serious, the lynx fairing is weird in my opinion:eek:
Okay, the TT option is way overpriced, and acording to the missus it looks like C-3PO from Star Wars....

5536.jpg

But i prefere the cost and use the xenon light as an excuse :p

solving the lighting dilemma

or ..... replace both lights with BiXenon hi/lo HID lights ... I picked up a couple of BiXenon lights and mounted them in the touratech fairing with a custom mounting bracket. They are bigger than the touratech / hella lights and had to make the holes bigger.

3532669875_f6b743eb7a.jpg

That way you have dual HIDs on low beam and dual HIDs on high beam.

In doing that you can also solve the problem with the US beam pattern on the lights they sell you (assuming you buy lights with the right beam pattern). You might be able to order the fairing without lights and save some cash too.

I specifically ordered mine with a Euro light pattern since almost all the time I have them I will be in RHT (right hand traffic) countries.

I believe Les is currently playing around with some Bi-Xenon projector lamps (with BMW car style "angel eyes" parking lights) ... hopefully they will be ready shortly

3515197006_171cd02d04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom