g450x rally prep

• Thread starter Deleted account D
  • Start date

Deleted account D

in the absence of anything from the manufactures heres how its going

had to mount the bits on the handlebars using ram mounts, as the touratech item despite being advertised is not available

511577980_Tc9Ms-M.jpg

stripped down

520570710_RTMs4-M.jpg

wired
520572157_RJcpU-M.jpg

ok i need opinions on this..........good or bad, just zip tied at the mo

526322970_Xg37w-M.jpg

526328257_TLkio-M.jpg

526329157_oXQJ6-M.jpg

526333827_gi5Bt-M.jpg

526334806_Cu285-M.jpg

Have you not found the standard top clamp (handlebar to top yoke) moves around to excess. The M10 screws have poor elastic properties resulting in the bars being askew if the slightest impact or shock-load.
Ideally a top clamp that picks up on four of the top yoke holes would be more resilient on impact.
I have had to replace a set of top clamps, along with two sets of screws, and the bike has not had a heavy impact, so I'm sure a heavy impact will render the machine u/s.
Have you had any issues with this?

Timpo.

Have you not found the standard top clamp (handlebar to top yoke) moves around to excess. The M10 screws have poor elastic properties resulting in the bars being askew if the slightest impact or shock-load.
Ideally a top clamp that picks up on four of the top yoke holes would be more resilient on impact.
I have had to replace a set of top clamps, along with two sets of screws, and the bike has not had a heavy impact, so I'm sure a heavy impact will render the machine u/s.
Have you had any issues with this?

Timpo.

nope
though i have put the bar risers on with new bolts

Ive also been talking to these guys http://www.britanniacomposites.com/lynx.html
about potentially fitting one of these to a 450, they are trialing this weekend....watch this space

I have had the same problem with my M10 bolts, have replaced them due to them bending. Not sure what the answer is though, you could make a clamp that fixes with 2 bolts, but then if you do have a big impact what would be the weakest part? you will end up causing more damage. I am going to look into this a bit further and see what other Manufacturers opt for. I will report back what i find.

Looks good Dave, off on adventure? Do you have any plans to extend the fuel range of the bike?

Interesting comments about Touratech, absolutley kin useless when it comes to supplying products they advertise on their website in a reasonable period of time.

I appreciate the G450X is a relatively new product but why advertise something they do not have in stock.

I think its the case of they produce a prototype and then advertise it as a finished part on their website. PRATS - or muggins me for ordering:mad:

cockpit.jpg

It's made by a BMW dealer in the Netherlands
B. Duursma in Apeldoorn.

Hee also got a 7L side tank for the g450x wicht is mounted on the lefthand side on the subframe

Looking good Dave.... Nearly as neat as mine.

Less than 2 weeks till the bikes and rally boxes are picked up :D

Attachments

• 19042009301.jpg
    19042009301.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,045
Interesting comments about Touratech, absolutley kin useless when it comes to supplying products they advertise on their website in a reasonable period of time.

I appreciate the G450X is a relatively new product but why advertise something they do not have in stock.

I think its the case of they produce a prototype and then advertise it as a finished part on their website. PRATS - or muggins me for ordering:mad:

TBH Touratech UK have been very good, keeping me informed on progress, not charging me til parts are ready to ship.

I suspect its the German side which are being over zealous in advertising products which are stil in development.

WM - I see you're using a Garmin Zumo. Whats your experience of how tough they are for offroad use. I was reluctant to fit mine for greenlaning assuming it wouldn't survive the rough and tumble of falls.

Garmin said it's tough enough and did a deal for me...

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if it lasts, I've pack a psare quest and mount just in case

WM - I see you're using a Garmin Zumo. Whats your experience of how tough they are for offroad use. I was reluctant to fit mine for greenlaning assuming it wouldn't survive the rough and tumble of falls.

Skygod uses his off road and it's been fine. It's had a fair few tumbles too :augie:augie:augie

i alsoo have a zumo for rally and offroad, its still alive and i love the big clear screen

hoi motorfiets,
bedoel je die van de afrika bike jose pellicer of die van van de foto opde vorige pagina.

euh i mean, wich one the one of jose pellicer or the one from the previous page?

A i see on adv rider wich one you mean.

do you have a mail adres? dolnt have any pic but i can send you a mail adres.
wait
google on "bert duursma apeldoorn" or DBM , it's a bmw dealer with an offroad hart.
he will mail you more pics and price i tought it was 160 euro for the bracket and he has a side tank for the subframe on the left containing 7 L was about 500 euro.

Back
Top Bottom