FM Radio

Andy B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know it's been asked before .... but not for a while:augie

Anyone got any good advice for a small FM radio I can listen to when riding? Last time someone recommended an Oono, but they're as rare as hens teeth!:nenau

Hi Andy, i'm trying to find a radio/mp3 player, think they must be in the same shop as the ones you are looking for :nenau

Anyone got any good advice for a small FM radio I can listen to when riding? Last time someone recommended an Oono, but they're as rare as hens teeth!:nenau

I have a Roberts which is the size of a credit card but thicker. It is an old model dont know what is there current range.

Ebay

Do a search on ebay if you want a 12v dedicated radio,however if I recall, the oneon offeris not RDS which is a useful thing to have on the move as it saves re-tuning all the time. I have a scala rider fm and nolonger bother with the radio as once your a few miles up the road you have to retune. Mob phone is a good idea as a lot of them are RDS.

I'm using a Pure 1500 DAB/FM pocket receiver. Works wel on local trips - most impressed with some DAB nearly only music stations. However I can't understand why garmin / tomtom will not include a FM/Dab receiver on their units, with a decent antenna, and/or even include the whole bike to passenger / bike to bike integration. Here we have a (touch) screen remote control only for GPS.. Am I the only one seeing what opportunity there is??? For now I'm curious as to what Intaride EVO2 will be.

regards,

The last time I checked, DAB chipsets use too much power and are too big to be comfortably (read economically???) fitted to GPS units.

You could always buy a Harley.....

Is RDS necessary with DAB?:nenau

I'm not sure to be honest, I have a DAB radio and it is tuned in to 99.5 (I think) for 1FM, (I like Moylesy in the mornings!) I assumed if i went to a different area it may be a different frequency,,,,, hang on, frequency is analogue... i'm confused now!!!

Hopefully someone of a higher digital level may pop along in a minute :blast

Perhaps i have a DAB but using it on the analogue setting!! I'll get me coat!!!

I'm not sure to be honest, I have a DAB radio and it is tuned in to 99.5 (I think) for 1FM, (I like Moylesy in the mornings!) I assumed if i went to a different area it may be a different frequency,,,,, hang on, frequency is analogue... i'm confused now!!!

Hopefully someone of a higher digital level may pop along in a minute :blast

Perhaps i have a DAB but using it on the analogue setting!! I'll get me coat!!!

Luckily I'm not confused anymore :confused: :augie

Luckily I'm not confused anymore :confused: :augie

Dave, now you aint confused, do you reckon your assumption is right? Digital will keep the signal no matter where you are (as long as there is a signal to start with?) and i've been a prized pr1k and been using mine on an analogue setting? I cant be bothered to go in the garage and have a look :augie

I've recently got one of these to fit on the K12GT, not going to use the speakers, going to wire it into the autocom, but it also has a headphone socket too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12V-FM-MOTORCYCLE-RADIO-WATERPROOF-SPEAKER-MP3-IPOD_W0QQitemZ370184299346

I've tested it in the garage and it seems to work well enough, and it's not expensive :)

Also got the Pure 1500 DAB/FM pocket receiver, it has been soaked on quite a few times as the Touratwat handle bar bag that is supposed to be water resistant isn't. Its plugged into an Autocom and the lead acts as the aerial with great reception on DAB and FM

Technical Question!

For the dumbo's amoungst us, how does the lead to the Autocom work as an aerial when it's downwind of the receiver itself?

radio

i bought a small Grundig FM radio from Comet. Think I paid about 12 quid for it and it works fine through the autocom music lead.

For the dumbo's amoungst us, how does the lead to the Autocom work as an aerial when it's downwind of the receiver itself?

`cos electrickery has made it possible for the current to flow uphill. Are you getting mixed up with piss as that will only roll down your leg and not up it..:comfort

How about this:

Weather proof and heavy duty. Has an aux in for iPod and headphone out for headphones or to plug into an autocom. 12v powered.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-radio/jensen-jhd910-radio/

1211219424667_d2_7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom