looks like i am getting a hog

rudiemoto

Reaction score
well at the end of the mnth
me thinks i will b riding 883 s
in red
98 9000 miles and mint :augie
like this one :D
3024_0_1_2_883%20sportster%20standard_Image%20credits%20-%20Paul%20Derek%20Johnson.jpg

Good, I hope you like it.
I'd be interested to hear what you think about it after a few weeks of riding. My next bike will be a HD probably.
Rich

Fuel to noise with no power in between:D

Rudie, the reason it only has 9k on the clock is because it is utter shite to ride!!

Slower than a slow thing, pathetic brakes, the forks are bouncier than a Barnes Wallis bomb. Then again you might be after that sort of thing but purleeese test ride it first - you won't wanna go much above 60mph cos it will seem as if it is vibrating itself to pieces. :blast

+1
Sportster is pissshh
Can't see anything in the mirros 'cause vibrating
Your hands go numb
Your eyes fall out of the sockets after 100 yds
Your looking for petrol as soon as you set off
+ve
You will look and feel ultra cool
so get one - why not

Just had a long weekend in France on a 2005 883R sportster.

920 miles.

140 miles to tank reserve (2 1/2 gall tank, 65mpg)

Panniers camping gear etc.

Longest day was 340 miles.

..........no problems.

Mirrors even have less vibration distortion than my old 1100GS.

Had one years ago....went all over on it...100% reliable and very simple to look after....loved it....:)

I had a 1200 Sportster. 16,000 miles in the first year. Loved it. Single carb, self adjusting tappets and electronic ignition. what could be easier.

I did find the 883 a bit slow though. Buy a 1200 instead.

I left work in Dublin on a Friday night, rode to Leicester to collect the girlfriend then down to Dover, over to Ghent for a party on the Saturday night and was back at work on Monday morning. The Sporty loved it.

i have oedered a 1200 bigbore kit and cams ,steve is going to fit them at chester hd
:augie
as for speed
i have my 1200 rt
and for mud the 1150 gsa
so i need a two up plodder
:comfort for me and ruth

i will change the front folks for a old type springer and fit a fat rear end :blast
to fit my fat rear end

the thing is i work on the :ronno bikes all day
so change can be good
train.JPG

:ymca

Jonno

don't forget to hook by the leather chap and tassle shop on your way to the American Dream/insomnia shop:ymca

just remember... you will be buying a lifestyle not just a motorcycle:augie

which NW "Chapter" will you be hanging with?

will you be getting all the cool/shite Hardly Driveable bike gear to go with it and growing a bad-ass biker beard?

(luv ya really:D)

hm

Never ceases to amaze me really, the level of anti-HD bullsh*t posted on so many biking forums!

It's like this...they're not for everyone..but then neither is GS! It's called choice! We all drive different cars, wear different clothes, play different music - again, choice!

With some exceptions, the most opinionated tend to be the ones who have not actually owned a H-D - sure, they know someone who knows someone, who once talked to a mate who rode one around the block...not the same is it?

Me..? I've got a GS and I love it - for what I use it for and for how I ride - hey, I traded a beautiful H-D in for it! So yeah, I have had Harleys and I loved them..for what they were, just like I love my GS..for what it is! Would I buy another...? Probably - when I can afford to keep the GS and get a H-D, why not?

Rudiemoto - you'll love it, for what it is! You won't commute on it (probably), you won't cross Continents on it, but you will always have a grin when you ride it! As for the chaps, tassles, etc..well, if you're into wearing tw@t suits, riding around with empty ally panniers and suchlike, covering the GS with stickers from around the world, then - yes - you'll probably get the chaps as well! Good luck to you whatever you do and whatever you ride! :thumb2

i have oedered a 1200 bigbore kit and cams ,steve is going to fit them at chester hd

The up graded susspension, brakes and bigger fuel tank as well I trust. Also get the crank balanced and blueprinted. Ride one thats been done properly and see the difference. Like a Meriden Bonny compared to a Hinkley.

i need a two up plodder
:comfort for me and ruth

OK but that doesn't explain the next statement

i will change the front folks for a old type springer and fit a fat rear end :blast to fit my fat rear end

Oh my worm, springs, really not a pleasant ride. Take one for a LONG test ride to see if you can get along with them before spending that sort of money. They hate bumpy corners and will turn a seasoned Harley rider white with fear in certain situations.

just picked up hd and its love hate thing going on :blast
love the bike hate the seat :tears
good jod i work at chester hd :augie and bmw :augie

cant wait to get the book of dreams
:D

Welcome to HD ownership :clap

I love mine and ride it more often than the GS, but I ride the GS further IYKWIM :thumb

That black springer is lovely :drool

Get a Street Bob. A seriously under-rated motorcycle, let alone a HD. Not quite as all-round good as a GS, but very rewarding to someone who liked older style Brit and Ital bikes but with modern engines/frames.

Much better than many might think. :)

Attachments

• HD Street Bob in Black 2.jpg
    HD Street Bob in Black 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 101

Back
Top Bottom