Will I Wont I ?

Mick M

Hi All I am new to this site. More to the point do NOT have a BM. So convince me that I need one!! So far swmbo and ME have toured Europe on a Norton or Duke, still keeping to the European theme I THINK that a BM might be fun? One of my reasons is Morocco looks fun. Unfortunately two up stops me going off road,but the Atlas Mountains look interesting. Any or all of this will have to take place next year due to the Work thing. So come on one and all tell me What packs up what falls off and what just breaks on the mighty GS??? I don't need to know that my Duke needs to have spare CPU I have one in the tail at all times, nore do I need to know that I had to take at least 5 Ltr's of oil when touring on the Commander! And probably the most important I need to know where to by one!!
Thanks in advance for helping me. Mick M:thumb2

Hi All I am new to this site. More to the point do NOT have a BM. So convince me that I need one!! So far swmbo and ME have toured Europe on a Norton or Duke, still keeping to the European theme I THINK that a BM might be fun? One of my reasons is Morocco looks fun. Unfortunately two up stops me going off road,but the Atlas Mountains look interesting. Any or all of this will have to take place next year due to the Work thing. So come on one and all tell me What packs up what falls off and what just breaks on the mighty GS??? I don't need to know that my Duke needs to have spare CPU I have one in the tail at all times, nore do I need to know that I had to take at least 5 Ltr's of oil when touring on the Commander! And probably the most important I need to know where to by one!!
Thanks in advance for helping me. Mick M:thumb2

nobody can tell u what to buy but u would not be disapointed with a gs/a I love my gsa and have had no problems with it so far 4months 4000 miles I do not carry any spares with me. I had a gs12 in 2005 for about a year with no problems either.I had a capponord before with no problems my gsa has not used any oil. Welcome to the site JJH

Hi Mick welcome along, the only way to decide is to try both the GS & GSA on lengthy test rides, at least 2/3 hours each.
As to opinions, oh boy are you in for a treat..................:thumb

GS v Commander

Great minds think alike Mick, I am in the process of rather reluctantly selling my Commander, have a look on ebay. My 18 month old GS is awesome, so much better at everything than the rotary - go for it - you will not be sorry, regards dp

If you're thinking of a 1200 then you should carry an FPC (fuel pump controller) and ring antenna (key fob electrical thingy). These are the only two real weak spots on the 1200 and are not expensive to have spares for (this is my opinion, before anyone comes on to clobber me). Other than these bits the 1200 is brilliant and I plan to keep mine, which i've already had for 4 years, for at least another 4. I can't speak for the 1150's as I've never had one, but from owners I know and those on here you can't go wrong with those either.

Another David

Back
Top Bottom