G650X-Challenge Rear End

ncpierce

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I was not happy with the bank end of the G650X so decided to fit a “tail tidy”. I bought a fender delete from a guy on AdvRider and fitted it last bank holiday Monday.

This was the original back end. Note the bit of lock wire by the seat release which is helping to hold the back end on straight (the joys of an ex off road school bike!)

100_0579Medium.jpg

This is the fender delete fitted

From the back and from the side

100_0585Medium.jpg

100_0586Medium.jpg

This is view looking up showing the fixing (taken from AdvRider)

IMG_2604.jpg

This was a bit flexible on its mounting, I think due to the fractures in the plastic tail piece – now held by the lock wire in the first picture and still thought that the back end was hanging out a bit too far so bought a small (7”x9”) flexible number plate to fit this weekend and we though about mounting the fender delete further forward.

Dad and I fabbed some little angle brackets and moved the fender delete forward and mounted it to the screws indicated at 3 in the below.

XC_RearEnd.jpg

A quick bounce up and down on the driver seemed to show that everything was alright but the 1.5 mile home from parents proved me wrong and I have now wrecked my nice new flexible number plate. So the plan is either to put it back where it was supposed to be fitted and strength the existing fixings or fabricate something halfway between. I now think that the easiest option to prevent the wobble would be a new part

01 46627696763 wheel cover, rear BUY 1 $69.36

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received. Does anyone have a side on view of the R&G tailtidy so I can compare angles etc….

Thanks

Nigel

I have now bent the Fender Delete and my problems are solved.

Pics to follow.

:postpics

I want to get one as well , but I'm not happy with the current set up so I'd be very interested to see your mods.

Back
Top Bottom