Acerbis tank, got one at last :-)

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been looking to extend my range on my DRZ400E as Sundays can be a bit tight trying to find fuel in the depths of Wales.
I had a mooch round and the prices quoted for a new unit was £240 to £305 for a tank...... too much for my budget!:eek:
Anyway, I thought I'd give fleabay a quick try yesterday, and stone me, a 15 liter Acerbis tank on there for £100 buy-it-now plus £15 p&p, so with a bit of haggling via email, I got it for £100 delivered. It is an 'E' spec unit too, so I'm a happy bunny.....
Apart from this, I don't really think I'll spend anything more on the bike. I was toying with a predator stainless steel exhaust because the quiet stock system has rust specs and a few dings that have rust in too, so I'll see. Don't want to have a blaring exhaust as this attracts too much attention when on the trails.
One thing I was looking out for was a pair of radiator supports, to prevent brush from bending the rad scoop brackets back..... any sources in the UK? There are a few in the USA, but the postage is megabucks!

Timpo.

Ive just clocked up 188 miles and still not on reserve on my DR350 with Acerbis.
:eek:

I have been looking to extend my range on my DRZ400E as Sundays can be a bit tight trying to find fuel in the depths of Wales.
Timpo.

Timpo, what range were you getting from the std tank on the lanes?

I've just tested my std E tank (on the road) & I got 119 miles & still not on reserve. I emptied the remaining fuel out & measured 1250cc. After cleaning all the rocks out I refilled it & got 10.3 litres back in.

A quick calculation saw 59.7 mpg with a possible 130 mile range from the std tank.

Have you any figures for your 15 litre Acerbis yet?
From my results (13.1 miles per litre) I'm assuming you're getting around 197 miles from full to dry?

Any photos of it fitted? :)

Timpo, what range were you getting from the std tank on the lanes?

I've just tested my std E tank (on the road) & I got 119 miles & still not on reserve. I emptied the remaining fuel out & measured 1250cc. After cleaning all the rocks out I refilled it & got 10.3 litres back in.

A quick calculation saw 59.7 mpg with a possible 130 mile range from the std tank.

Have you any figures for your 15 litre Acerbis yet?
From my results (13.1 miles per litre) I'm assuming you're getting around 197 miles from full to dry?

Any photos of it fitted? :)

I've got 2.8mm of tread left on my shoes, could you work out how many miles I'll be able to do for me:D

Back
Top Bottom