Satmap

My brother and I were in Blacks, just out of interest I asked to look at a SAT MAP. I have the Garmin GPS60CS with Great Britain Topo software for use in hand up the mountains. Anyway, I was quite impressed with the SATMAP and the OS software. Although it did seem very expensive as you buy the unit then purchase the maps separately. It was then my brother pulled his Iphone out and showed it to the Blacks salesman. It was exactly the same. OS mapping with all the functions. Routing, zooming and tracks etc. The salesman was shocked and speechless. We both were surprised he was unaware of the OS mapping on the Iphone.
The real clincher was.... It is FREE on the Iphone:rolleyes:

My brother and I were in Blacks, just out of interest I asked to look at a SAT MAP. I have the Garmin GPS60CS with Great Britain Topo software for use in hand up the mountains. Anyway, I was quite impressed with the SATMAP and the OS software. Although it did seem very expensive as you buy the unit then purchase the maps separately. It was then my brother pulled his Iphone out and showed it to the Blacks salesman. It was exactly the same. OS mapping with all the functions. Routing, zooming and tracks etc. The salesman was shocked and speechless. We both were surprised he was unaware of the OS mapping on the Iphone.
The real clincher was.... It is FREE on the Iphone:rolleyes:

OS mapping free? :eek:

Any idea which app it is? I have Google Earth and Maps but neither look like OS mapping

The Iphone mapping is great until you lose your mobile reception.

The maps aren't stored locally so you need the internet connection to get google maps.

I could be wrong.......... so if someone can check I'd be interested to know if what I believe to be true actually is !!!

iOSMaps

Found it, search in Apps store for iOSMaps, its free but only works with wifi or 3G connection. :thumb2

Good isnt it:thumb2

He has used it on Dartmoor, Peak district and at Glen Coe, it does need a 3G connection however, this hasnt been a problem.

Good isnt it:thumb2

He has used it on Dartmoor, Peak district and at Glen Coe, it does need a 3G connection however, this hasnt been a problem.
Hah! mine was very slow to update today however I am in Milton Keynes which may explain a lot.

It seems like a good app, thanks for posting it :thumb2

Great App, just a shame us iphone 3G users have to rely on O2's poor coverage.

Back
Top Bottom