New to Community

skorch

Hi all, New to the community,but not new to BMW's,Had an r65 k100rs r1100rt k1200lt r1200rt had warranty problems with the last 3 all new,so decided to give it a last throw of the dice with an old'un again a 97 r1100gs needs some TLC,so advice and guidance in the future would be welcomed.At present I cannot get heavily involved as waiting to enter hospital for a bit of a service.Hopefully after, I can resume the biking interest,so thank you for reading,catch you all later.
Regards Skorch

Hi all, New to the community,but not new to BMW's,Had an r65 k100rs r1100rt k1200lt r1200rt had warranty problems with the last 3 all new,so decided to give it a last throw of the dice with an old'un again a 97 r1100gs needs some TLC,so advice and guidance in the future would be welcomed.At present I cannot get heavily involved as waiting to enter hospital for a bit of a service.Hopefully after, I can resume the biking interest,so thank you for reading,catch you all later.
Regards Skorch

Good call, after two 1200's I'm now on an 1100, So's the Mrs:thumb2
welcome along.

Answering replies

Hi all
Thank you for your responses to my intro,as I said I might need some technical advice.So here goes,can anyone out there recommend an independant technition in the north of Kent apart from the main dealers as, at present, Tunbridge wells and Caterham are a bit far off for me.Also got a problem with the ABS changed the wheel sensors,still the dash lights flash alternate and wont extinguish,the haynes book wont delve any further,also got a flat spot at 4,000 revs approx 70mph,will this mean a trip to a main dealer for a tune up.Was hoping I had a bike I could tinker with now.
Regards Skorch

One of the elder statesman members on here does all that kind of stuff, in sarf lundun I think. I think he goes by the name of Steptoe and from what I hear he's to be recommended.

welcome,if your battery isnt supplying an adeqate amount of current when you switch the machine on,the abs will not initialise and display fault

Reply to answers

Thanks for the info,I will hopefully find steptoe on the site somewhere,also the battery was according to the previous owner,replaced this year so will have to check it out at a local bike shop,before I go any further,the problem for me is the last three bikes I owned were serviced and repaired at main dealers,comes as a bit of a shock,all these checking gizmos,still I will persevere,thanks again
regards skorch.

Welcome to the forum Skorch, 1100s are great bikes, though I will admit to some bias, give your battery a good charge, either a few days on an optimate or similar or a few hours on a regular car charger and your ABS problem will most likely disappear.
Good luck with the service, us older models need looking after :thumb2

Stewart

Back
Top Bottom