Can't see minor roads in Mapsource

FatBob

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a new Zumo 660 from handtec. I installed mapsource on the PC but I can't get it to show minor roads. I zoomed in and set the detail level to max but it didn't make any difference. It shows the roads around the tiny village in the midlands where my parents live but doesn't show many B roads where I am. There are dots for villages with no roads going to them!

The map in unlocked and has the 25 character key according to the mapsource menu, although I'm not sure how it got unlocked. The online unlock process didn't work because I don't have the 8 charcter code that it wanted, but the mapsource Help implied that my version might already have been unlocked.

I'm not sure exactly what version of the map it is, 2010? I haven't done an update yet.

What am I doing wrong? I assume these minor roads must in be in the map somewhere, they show up on the Zumo.

There's an option to show map detail in one of the options on the top line. I'm on the work computer at the moment so I can't check, but its definately there.

Do a search on "Whatton" and "detail" as I'm sure he had a thread on just this problem a year or so ago.

Here you go. Click HERE. :thumb2 Ok, so it was 4 years ago. Who'se counting? :D

Cheers. I am also at work so I can't check either. Looks like the same as the other thread so I will check the "Hide GPS map detail" thing tonight.

Back
Top Bottom