A Nervous Newbie!

uksno

Well after much deliberation - I took the plunge and bought myself my first '02 1150GS this week. So well chuffed to say the least. I am still in that blissfull state of polishing it to death.

Very differant from my last bike which was a ZZR1100 but First impressions of the bike are great - only concern was that I noticed the bike backfiring fairly regularly. I think this may be to do with the fact that the the previous guy took off the cat and replaced it with a Y Piece. Would love to know if this was a good move and if this is the source of the problem. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good thread?
Steve

Steve, as above, popping on the overun is fairly common, but can be addressed. If you do a search on 'cat code plug' you'll get a load of info on it. Why 'nervous newbie'? there's nothing to worry about in here, if you happen to say anything contentious someone will come along and flame you, then someone will come along and flame them for flaming you......it's a ritual thing, don't pay it any heed.:thumb

Welcome aboard.

welcome

Don't forget if you need any help just ask. Breakchat is a good place to ask general stuff like "What Oil" etc, but if you need expert advice Tarka's yer man for anything HID lighting related and he's quite good at sorting those hi Viz type jackets, Proffs the Guru on all things 1150 (knows his stuff) he's also pretty good at evaluating metal paniers.
tread carefully with the boys norf of the border as they are proper mad and will rope you into something you'll regret and as for the bunch over the water you'd be best staying well clear. Don't invite them to yer house cos they'll only sell yer stuff you don't want and drink the booze cupboard dry. other than that all in all a good bunch of guys n galls:augie:thumb

Welcome along Steve..............:thumb
I did the same 5 years ago, ZZR1100 to 1150GS, have never regretted it, loved every minute of it.

Hi, I did the same ZZR1200 to GS1150 and now a GS1200 Adventure - the're great - and I still have a license ;-)

We should call this the former Kawasaki users forum - I went the GS route after my Z750 was removed by thieving b**tards. The 02 is one of the good ones (well, actually they are all good, but having an 02 I am a little biased of course). Single spark simplicity and no servo units. Had my 02 for three years now, used in all weathers and all year and after 30,000 km never a problem. Welcome and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom