Hello.

Deleted member TF

Test rode a 1200GS on Friday,ordered one,'nuff said.

Thanks,and yes they are nice. Sold my ElectraGlide on Fri. A.M. test rode GS Fri. lunchtime, traded in my R12S for GS. Hope I like it. Hope SHE's comfy on t'back.
Been reading Yodagoats report of his trip 'round Scotland,so.......inspired by that and his photo's.......... it's up the road for me,straight after it's 1st service. Skye's the limit.
1st dumb question.......rocker cover protection or engine bars?
Ride safe.

Thanks,and yes they are nice. Sold my ElectraGlide on Fri. A.M. test rode GS Fri. lunchtime, traded in my R12S for GS. Hope I like it. Hope SHE's comfy on t'back.
Been reading Yodagoats report of his trip 'round Scotland,so.......inspired by that and his photo's.......... it's up the road for me,straight after it's 1st service. Skye's the limit.
1st dumb question.......rocker cover protection or engine bars?
Ride safe.

I'd go for a set of both if ya can afford but the bars if only fitting one.
I have had everything from gs1100, 1150 adventures, gs1200's and adventures and now a HP2e, and I have dropped them all at some point, usually fully loaded in first while manouvering but somtimes just solo with no luggage and just for the hell of it, or so it would seem. one minute I'm sat on it the next I'm stood looking at it.
Every GS rider who has done any milage will have a simlar tale (I hope, maybe I'm an idiot)
engine bars will take the impact and only show a slight scuff, rocker cover protectors could be pushed into the head and mark it, as happened on my first 1200.
not an expert but its an ''in my experience'' tale.
Hope this helps mate. when do ya get it.

Welcome to the one and only site, hope you enjoy it and the bike.
I agree with what Majorbumsore said about protection, but in my case I only have engine bars and will get rocker cover's when the cash becomes available. As I lobed the 1200 up the road twice in the snow and now have a couple of small scratches on rocker cover on one side.

Welcome to the site. Whats the R12S like? Have been thinking of one for a while.
Hi,the R12S is a great bike,shame I could'nt have kept it but I'd decided that ONE bike was enough.I was a bit dubious about the R12S at first but once I'd ridden it I was convinced. Fast enough,sweet handling (Ohlins) fairly rare and comfortable too,even after a nine hour ride through Northumberland,The Borders and back through the Lake District. And I'm 6'5".They seem to hold their value quite well........sorry to see it go. Harley gone too :( This GS better be good.

Back
Top Bottom