Roof Helmets - Daytona and Suzuka

red1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions about the more "standard" Roof helmets?
list_susuka-bbr.png
list_daytona-noir-mat.png

Suzuka ............................. Daytona

I've got a Diversion 010, i thought it was a very quiet helmet. The top vent on the first version was fragile. I wore it for about 50,000 miles or more? got through several top vents.

The ventilation wasn't very good in winter, my glasses used to mist up. In summer it got very hot as the chin bar was very close to my face.

Visor is not exactly a quick job to remove either, when swapping for a tinted one.

Eventually the rubbery coating on the back of the neck started to fall off. I looked at buying another,but ended up buying buying a Schuberth R1 from Infinity, for about the same price as a new 010. Schuberth is even quieter, and has a built in sun visor.

I liked the car seat belt type buckle, seems a step backwards on the Schuberth, with "D" rings.

I have had 2 010's, (still use 1 as my spare helmet), and they are good, relatively quiet and very comfortable helmets. The visors are supposed to be anti-mist, and they are until you use cleaning agents on them, (don't ask me how I know this.....!).

Yes, the visors are a pain to change, yes, the original top vents were a bit fragile, but a 'phone call to the importers, Thunderchild, produced a pair of the newer, self adhesive vents for free, which are much better.

Overall, a good, comfortable and stylish helmet. Would I have another? YES!

How do you get the visor off?

I have two of the Roof Daytona helmets. It is time to swap one of the visors and the aluminum screws don't seem to want to loosen. I went to their web sight and there was no info on visor removal. Is there any tricks to this? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

As for a review of the helmet, it is great. Much quieter than my Arei. The shield NEVER fogs, which is a big problem with the jungle like humidity of South Florida. If you only clean the visor with Plexus cleaner you will not remove the anti fog coating for many thousands of miles. The eye port in the helmet is the largest that I have found. As stated above the top vents do not do much, but I have not had any durability issues. However the front vent is quite good at moving air in a productive manor. The only problem with these helmets, they are all but impossible to find in the U.S., they are also not DOT approved so I can not race with it. Problems that folks who live on the other side of the pond should have no concern with.

Assuming that you have removed the aluminium screw, when replacing them, add some coppergrease to the threads.

Back
Top Bottom