Fazer thou?

Big Lee

Reaction score
I`m having a ride (hopefully) on a gen 1 Fazer thousand tomorrow :D Old carb`d R1 engine :drool and a bit more poke than my 12GS :augie You never know, I might ride it and not like it at all but I do like the idea of it, all 150 bhp or so :eek :D

I`m having a ride (hopefully) on a gen 1 Fazer thousand tomorrow :D Old carb`d R1 engine :drool and a bit more poke than my 12GS :augie You never know, I might ride it and not like it at all but I do like the idea of it, all 150 bhp or so :eek :D

I had one, suspensions awfull, engine is smooth and awsome, screens not much good, wife used to complain of wiplash, when givving it full throttle in 3rd, kicks out big power above 8k :thumb2

SWMBO and I borrowed one for an afternoon once as she was thinking about changing her Thundercat. It was like a rocket-powered sofa. She kept the Thundercat.

Must say I've been tempted recently to change the GS for a Fazer 1000 (or even the old 600). But everytime I climb aboard the big yeller, those thoughts usually melt away.

I had a test ride on a new (gen 2) Fazer FZ1 a couple of weeks back. Good Lord what a great bike! :eek: Absolutely awesome amounts of stomp everywhere. Great handling too.

On test rides, once I've got a good idea of whether I like the bike or not I usually head straight back to the dealer, not wanting to risk the enormo excess you sign up for when borrowing a demo bike. On this one, they had to prise me off it.... :green gri

The gen 2 is a tad too small for me - I'd need a footpeg lowering kit for sure - but once work picks up I'm seriously tempted. I gather the gen 1 is more roomier and comfortable for longer distances. I have thought about a gen 1 but have never really got on with the looks of it, don't really know why :nenau , but that's just me being a tart. Apparently when you sort the suspension and fit an Ivans carb kit the gen 1 bikes are the dog's bits.
Enjoy your ride! :D

Thanks! I do like the look of the gen 2`s but as you say are too small :( Why couldn`t they make it look like that but bigger??

Well I won`t be getting one of those :rolleyes: No question about the excellent performance of which I probably wouldn`t use 75% of :D but the handling was pants, my 12 is much better at the twisties imo than the Fazer and it wasn`t the most comfy bike either. I had a sit on a `08 R1 and that seemed to be better although didn`t take that out :blast Glad I had a go on it though :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom