In an attempt to stimulate conversation...

Joybringer

Reaction score
...I'm farkin off to the Route Napoleon on Thursday, staying til Tuesday.

Late notice, I know, but if any of you Alps Tossers are at a loose end, you're welcome to join me or meet up dahn sarf somewhere. Innit.

I'll be mostly camping in Dignes Les Bain, or Moustiers-Sainte-Marie (if anyone actually answers my other thread elsewhere :augie).

So, if yer up for it, sling a tent on the back and we'll mosey on down to the RN.

No worries if you can't, but I'll be laughing at you all hard at work while I'm playing in the hills and foothills...muhahahaha :D

Mange tout.

j'habite Angleterre.

Yoy

I'm really tempted by this. If I'm around we'll try and hook up, at least for a day or so. We'll see :beerjug:

Oh. Pardon.

I heard that.

Yeah. Just sorted a few routes/rideouts. Only 1800 miles round trip :eek:

Be needing tyres and a service before the Alps :blast

How about a route Yoy? Would be interesting to see how close you'll be. I could even dust off the GSA as it has panniers and a 33L tank.

I'm really tempted by this. If I'm around we'll try and hook up, at least for a day or so. We'll see :beerjug:

That would be seriously good fun. Really!

If you can, great. You have my numberz. I'll be in Dignes les Bain or Moustiers-Ste-Marie from Friday late afternoon, to early Monday morning. There's a hotel in either if you don't fancy slumming it. I'm only camping cos it's butch and I'm double-hard.

I can picture a nice little photo opportunity on the promenade at Cannes... ;-)

Tout suite

Yoy

Just going to beat the kids and put them to bed, then I'll post a few details here.

Well, a bit further down, really.

But you know what I mean

Well....did you win the Gay Disco Dancing Contest?

:eek

No came second (sure the judge fancied 1st place )

Did ok on the karaoke with a few of the ones that tend to go down well ie ITS Raining men , maneater, and the one that won it for me was when i had them all on the floor lined up to OOPS UP side yr head (you know the one )

I Also spent a bit time on the nudist beach , Give it a go but kept trippin over (must have been the warm weather:toungincheek):thumb2:D:D:D

How about a route Yoy? Would be interesting to see how close you'll be. I could even dust off the GSA as it has panniers and a 33L tank.

Here ya go. Subject to fine-tuning...

...I've searched on this Forum and another website or 2, and this seems to be one of the preferred routes. Suggestions welcomes from anyone previously ridden there.

Friday - 413 miles

Chaource, Chesley, Nitry, Avallon, Saulieu, Le Creusot, Montceau-Les-Mines, Lyon, Grenoble, Sisteron, Campsite

Saturday - 221 miles

Campsite, Barrême, Saint-André-Les-Alpes, Sigale, Vence, Cannes, Grasse, Castellane, Campsite

Sunday - 176 miles

Campsite, Castellane, Comps-Sur-Artuby, Gorges du Verdon, Aiguines, Riez, Campsite

Monday - 413 miles

Reverse of Friday

Tuesday - to Caen and home.

Vevey to Dignes-les-Bain is about 254 miles. Possibly meet up at Grenobles and ride in together? Just not sure of timings yet.

I'll be working on this tomorrow night (when sober) :drinkinpa to fine-tune.

Any thoughts?

Capture.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom