Clothing from London?

JuhaP

Hello!

I'm about to visit London next week (from Finland) and was about to maybe look around for some gear. I'm staying around University College London and would prefer shops that don't take ages to get to by public transport.

As I'm tall and skinny, I'd appreciate somewhere that would have as much clothing in stock as possible since finding long size pants and jackets is always a bit tricky. What I'm after is maybe some leather gear (Kriega and Shoei dealership would be a bonus). I'll propably stop by at Harpers at Forest Gate to have a look at some Rev'it pants and maybe Hein Gericke (in Stockwell?)

Any other tips on where else to visit would be highly appreciated.

Juha

As I'm tall and skinny......

Possibly, the wrong forum to ask.

On a slightly more helpful note, HG is probably your best bet. If you could get over to the Kenton store (near Harrow), they may have a larger selection. If you can find a Spidi dealer, they do a slim range for the less robust rider.

HTH
Helmet

Juha,

The Infinity stores in Great Portland Street and / or in Holborn. Both vey close to UCL, you could walk. http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/stores.asp

Just a little bit further Sondell Sport. Their store only sells clothing. It is on Highbury Corner, opposite the Highbury and Islington underground station, just a few stops from UCL.

http://www.sondel.co.uk/

http://www.sondel.co.uk/DWfiles/faq/showroom.htm

For Hein Gericke the easiest store would be the one in Stockwell, an underground ride of about 20 minutes from UCL. http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/1/shop-locator/

Possibly, the wrong forum to ask.

On a slightly more helpful note, HG is probably your best bet. If you could get over to the Kenton store (near Harrow), they may have a larger selection. If you can find a Spidi dealer, they do a slim range for the less robust rider.

HTH
Helmet

not any more !!!!! I live about 5 minutes from that shop and they don't have the best range of stock any more, if you are anything other than average size then just don't bother!! it is certainty not worth the trip up from the centre of town especially if you have been out east first.

not any more !!!!! I live about 5 minutes from that shop and they don't have the best range of stock any more, if you are anything other than average size then just don't bother!! it is certainty not worth the trip up from the centre of town especially if you have been out east first.

Yup I'd agree. They don't seem to carry many sizes at all.

I'd give Infinity at Holborn a crack, they seem to have a good range everythime I go in there :thumb2

Ah, been a few years since I lived there and it was my local store. They used to handle all the end of line and returns stuff in the Kenton store.

Speak for yourself.....

:thumb2:D

Hi there,

Revit are Dutch and the Dutch (men) are tall and thin. Maybe it's a make which is 'cut'* for you.

Good luck with it.

* can't say that word over here.

A big thanks to everyone! This site never fails to impress. (even though I'm a bit of a traitor since I went and replaced my R1200GS with a KTM 990SM...)

As there's a tube strike planned on the exact days of my visit in London, I might have to stay with Infinity and Sondell anyway as they are nearby.

Juha

HG Gants Hill

If you out at Forest Gate your nearest Hein Gericke is at Gants Hill, just down the A12 from the tube station on the south side. I couldn't say whether its worth the trip, as I am vertically challenged:).

I hope you find what your looking for,

Regards,

Path.

A big thanks to everyone! This site never fails to impress. (even though I'm a bit of a traitor since I went and replaced my R1200GS with a KTM 990SM...)

As there's a tube strike planned on the exact days of my visit in London, I might have to stay with Infinity and Sondell anyway as they are nearby.

Juha

Go by bus from UCL, it's easy.

Or you could walk to Hollborn and / or Great Portland Street, without too much difficulty.

You can also go by bus (you may have to change) to Sondell at Highbury Corner. The tourist inforamtion desks at the bigger underground stations will tell you or go to TfL's website http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Buy a multi-trip travel card from any of the underground stations. Tell the monkey behind the screen how long you are staying for and what you want to do.... They should give you the best (and cheapest) option.

Enjoy London :thumb2

Good stuff there - they have shipped to me in Hong Kong before and I have also visited their store in London ... :thumb

Nick

:thumb2 for Sondel. Have used them for years and once they get over the shock that not everyone wants or can afford Dainese gear they are good.

They are my local bike gear shop as I work just off Highbury Corner.

Back in Ye Olde Days they were a Yamaha dealer of repute.

Also give Infinity at Holborn the :thumb2 too.

Juha

There is more than one traitor - in my case 1200 GS to 950 SM - the ones with carbs run better.

For an almost 2-for-1 on your travel in london: try to hit Stockwell Hein Gericke and Clapham High Street Infinity - you could walk from one to the other.

Ja siita paitsi - Ininity myy kotimaista (eli rukka) tavaraa. Mutta HG on parempi osotos ...

Back
Top Bottom