Nice ride today

Magnum

Reaction score
I'm going to try and build this ride into the tour. Was too busy enjoying the ride on the most scenic parts so I've just posted a few snaps at cafes.

http://maps.google.ch/maps?f=d&sour...46.392411,7.077255&spn=0.418178,0.737457&z=11

The fun starts after Aigle as you climb up into the mountains then taking a right turn towards Gstaad. The road gets very twisty through the Col du Pillon (Col is French for Pass) which passes in the shadow of Les Diablerets mountains towing up at 3210m. There's always a cafe at the top of these passes so stopped for a quick coffee and watched the bikes go by.

img0660r.jpg

More amazing roads and open countryside until Gstaad whehere things get a little flatter but equally picturesque. Through Saanen and then the frantic fun starts again after Chaeau-d'Oex as the road twists and climbs through the Col des Mosses at 1445m. It was this stretch of road that I was simply amazed by a 2-up Goldwing rider who was moving far faster than I ever thought a wing could. Incredible to see. But the main event was a rather nice duel between myself and a Varadero owner who was riding the wheels of the thing. Plenty of boot scraping and one slightly worrying moment cranked over where a rut in the road induced a brief but severe tankslapper :augie Bloody brilliant though. Another pitstop at the top of the pass.

img0670r.jpg

Not so brilliant is the fuel range on the MM but at least frequent filling gives your arse a rest :D

img0671r.jpg

A very nice ride indeed. You're going to love it here lads :thumb

Sod off

:)

Who had the tank-slapper? Is adrenalin as brown as they say?

With roads and views like that, saying you haven't been for a ride is like buying a Carrera to go to Sainsbugs once a week. :D

Can't wait, hence my lastminute.com decision to dump Normandy in favour of midi(petite?)-Alps and the Route Napoleon.

Mon dieu. Sacre bleu. Honfleur.

Roll on Septembre. Je suis un rockstar.

Yoy

Back
Top Bottom