Hi just having a look

Stormbringer

Hi guys and girls.I've got an f800s but after 7 dealer visits in 3.5 mths I thought its time to get a GS.Tried the 1200 and the 800 ,I found them both a bit to tall at 5'9" but overall liked the 1200 best .Not sure about a lowered seat due to high mileage comfort,not sure weather to go for a Adventurer or a standard gs, old or new ?

Hi SB :thumb2 At 5`9" sounds like you need to go for the 12GSA with high seat + an Airhawk. In for a penny........:augie :D

Hi guys and girls.I've got an f800s but after 7 dealer visits in 3.5 mths I thought its time to get a GS.Tried the 1200 and the 800 ,I found them both a bit to tall at 5'9" but overall liked the 1200 best .Not sure about a lowered seat due to high mileage comfort,not sure weather to go for a Adventurer or a standard gs, old or new ?

Welcome, I'd go for the Adventure everytime, don't worry about the size, there's a little guy in here got one, can't remember his name, but I believe he enjoys it, or does he, hang on, ain't sure now, yes, yes, he does enjoy it...

:D

Im 5'9" as well, Std GS12 with Std seat on low setting, noprobs:thumb2

You get used to the 'taller' position :rob, getting on a 'sports' bike now feels like riding a minimoto!!:eek::D

The adventurer has a taller seat height coz the suspensions different (longer travel) so you might need the low seat option but then your knees might get a bit cramped on longer runs, do you need the extra in the way of suspension? The fuel tank is also much bigger, are you goin to need 350mile range?

Hey Stormbringer!

No question about it, get an F800GS (not that I'm biased in the slightest... :) )

I'm 5'10" and have no probs with the F800's tallness...just watch out for the camber, potholes etc when you stop...but I guess us laydees do have longer than legs than boys of the same height...

The thing that put me off the 800 was the seat.Made me sit to far forward like you are on a slight tilt,and not to comfy.
Other than that I really liked it.

im 5'10 and have no problems with the 1150gs, seat is at it's highest too.
sometimes im on tip toe but generally its good.

I'm 6'4" and have no problems with a GS on std seat settings. But I guess this is completely irrelevant. I have long fingers too.

Back
Top Bottom