route napoleon & rdga

panman

Reaction score
i am going on a tour organised by big trail bike club to stella alpina rally in italy ( http://homepages.solis.co.uk/~rider/stellist9.htm)
when they come back to uk on the monday i am going to stay down to do the route napoleon includeing gourge du verdon then route des grand alpes then back via stelvio pass & Timmelsjoch pass then back to calais for ferry home
i am going to start from bardonicca on the monday morning 13th july & get the ferry on thursday 17th july in the evening
would anybody who is going to stella alpina rally or is down in that area like to join me for this ride :D

Will be doing a similar route, but can't go until September. :blast
Look forward to your report though.
Mark

i am going on a tour organised by big trail bike club to stella alpina rally in italy ( http://homepages.solis.co.uk/~rider/stellist9.htm)
when they come back to uk on the monday i am going to stay down to do the route napoleon includeing gourge du verdon then route des grand alpes then back via stelvio pass & Timmelsjoch pass then back to calais for ferry home
i am going to start from bardonicca on the monday morning 13th july & get the ferry on thursday 17th july in the evening
would anybody who is going to stella alpina rally or is down in that area like to join me for this ride :D

You almost had me , 17th of July is a Fri.,I am going to Route Napoleon on that day...Along the Route Napoleon is a walled city like Carccasone ,where is it?

You almost had me , 17th of July is a Fri.,I am going to Route Napoleon on that day...Along the Route Napoleon is a walled city like Carccasone ,where is it?

Carcassonne isn't on the Route Napoleon - that city is more in the South / South West, near the Pyrénees.

There's a place called Sisteron on the RN. Is that what you meant? Not sure if it's walled, but very pretty.

Can't make it this time (just returned from a mini-tour of the RN), but want to do the Gorge du Verdon next time.

Look forward to the report, and picking your brains for good routes!

Yoy

Hope you like large daily mileages and very long days, to do the Grande Route De Alps will take 3 days to do it any justice. And I assume you are starting at Bardonecchia in Italy

i think you are right

had 2nd thoughts about route when i looked at it properly so going to leave it till next year & take 10 days to go round & prob go in september if the passes will be open :driving

had 2nd thoughts about route when i looked at it properly so going to leave it till next year & take 10 days to go round & prob go in september if the passes will be open :driving

Wise decision. All of the biggest passes 'should' be open, as they normally close in October....

Bon route.../Rob

Carcassonne isn't on the Route Napoleon - that city is more in the South / South West, near the Pyrénees.

There's a place called Sisteron on the RN. Is that what you meant? Not sure if it's walled, but very pretty.

Thanks, that's the one, Sisteron ( ok is not as large as Carcassonne ) but looks worth a visit.

Back
Top Bottom