Anyone want to lead a fords ride from the Hugmoist this year?

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's been mentioned in Steve's thread on ride-outs, but I thought I'd take it on meself to push it a bit further on his behalf, mainly 'cos after leading three or four, I know how much sheer bloody fun they can be, and how good the fords are that you can do from Andover.

The route is available and well tested- it covers a variety of fords from deep ones to very very long ones and overall, it's a 125 mile round trip, taking in 10 fords.:eek::cool:

Sadly, I can't do this year's, but anyone who's been on a previous one will tell you (I hope:augie) how much fun they can be :thumb2

All of the route and fords are do-able with street tyres (or at the very least, on Tourances) and there isn't anything that you can't do with a pillion either.....cameras required :D

The thing is, there are a couple of tips and hints to this circuit and it would be better if someone who has either done it before, or who has led a ride before, took it on.....I'm very happy to provide all the info, briefing notes, the map and the Garmin file plus talk a prospective leader through it.

Some pics to w'h'et your appetitite;:augie

1) Goodworth Clatford

This is a nice starter and a good photo op.....it's a ride through, turn round and ride back job.

IMG_1560.jpg

billgivesalift.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

There was an, ahem, minor incident there last year but we know how to deal with them easily so don't worry too much :D

drop2.jpg

attachment.php

2) Longparish

longparish1.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

billsgotasmallone.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

exton2.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

thelongone.jpg

lindford1.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

It'll make you want to go;
80533103-M.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D

If anyone fancies leading one, please let me know and I'll point you at all the info, then we can let Steve know so he can add it to his itinerary board :thumb2

PS if anyone has an outfit and fancies it, I'd be quite happy to lead it from that with the rider :eek::cool:

I can confirm the fun we had on this ride - that's me on the graphitan 1150GS in some of the photos above!

We returned to the rally site tired and a bit damp, but the crack we'd had on the Fords ride was second to none.

Ferkin' brilliant - if I still had a GS I'd happily lead this one.

Go on, go on, go on - do it.

Back
Top Bottom