Seems like the 26?? series are gaining in value..

richie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Allihies again.. but off to Asia soon....
Good news, bought mine last year with all the bits and 2008 for 125£ and they now seem to be going for more....

So what would you do. If you wanted to sell, add in the new value or sell it for what you paid...

Mines not for sale, just an interesting thought what with whats going on in the FS section these days...

They were vastly undervalued on this forum compared to the money they were raising on eBay (up to £200 a few months back).

So what would you do. If you wanted to sell, add in the new value or sell it for what you paid...

Easy answer. The value of anything is what someone is prepared to pay. If someone is prepared to pay £200 for a second hand, out of date sat nav - that is what it's worth.

Nobody will have sympathy if you lose money so why feel guilty when you can make some.

I am/was/?? looking for one as a few went for £130 with fairly recent maps. The last few however have been offered for quite a bit more...

My whole reasoning for not buying is that for less than £200 I can get a zumo 400 with new maps plus the warranty. I know it may seem like comparing apples with oranges but I only really need the gps for about 4 weeks this summer and would ideally like to spend only a bit more than £100 as I'll either resell it for a bit less than I paid or stick it in the box until I loose it. Seeing as my bike is wired for a 26XX or 27XX I'm hoping one come up for sale with at least V9 maps for the 100-120 mark. :augie

I'm not sure the more expensive ones have sold... however at the right price one can sell anything!

Anyone got a 550 to sell with all bits for $250??? (Then my wife could use it in the car when I'm finished this summer!) I can't really justify spending over £120 on something that will only get fours weeks use... of which I could do 2 of them without.

Thats my thoughts anyway!

I am/was/?? looking for one as a few went for £130 with fairly recent maps. The last few however have been offered for quite a bit more...

My whole reasoning for not buying is that for less than £200 I can get a zumo 400 with new maps plus the warranty. I know it may seem like comparing apples with oranges but I only really need the gps for about 4 weeks this summer and would ideally like to spend only a bit more than £100 as I'll either resell it for a bit less than I paid or stick it in the box until I loose it. Seeing as my bike is wired for a 26XX or 27XX I'm hoping one come up for sale with at least V9 maps for the 100-120 mark. :augie

I'm not sure the more expensive ones have sold... however at the right price one can sell anything!

Anyone got a 550 to sell with all bits for $250??? (Then my wife could use it in the car when I'm finished this summer!) I can't really justify spending over £120 on something that will only get fours weeks use... of which I could do 2 of them without.

Thats my thoughts anyway!

Pay the postage both ways (signed) and you can borrow mine, it is not for sale...You will need some ram bits for it though...

I know it may seem like comparing apples with oranges but I only really need the gps for about 4 weeks this summer and would ideally like to spend only a bit more than £100 as I'll either resell it for a bit less than I paid or stick it in the box until I loose it. !

You'll easily get a Quest mkI for that, including all the mountings for both car and bike, with the latest SW that a quest will run.
Not the latest gadget I know, but still a bloody good unit (One of the best GPS units ever in terms of practical day to day use IMO)

Maybe the 26** series and the Quest are holding their value because they seem to be aimed at people who like to customise their units and what they do with them. It seems to me that the newer units, whilst very good, do not offer the same options for fine tuning as the older ones as they appear to be aimed more towards a mass market of car users.

For that very reason I have just bought a 2610 which I will keep as a backup unit in case anything goes wrong with my 2720.

I have my 2610 that only gets used in my 6x6 truck because it runs on 24v as well as 12v but I can't get updated maps for it :(.

My 2720 is absolutely fine and has the unlimited update option so I'm totally happy with it. I like the programmability of it for more involved trips where I want to take a precise (twisty) route without it trying to re-route me continually.

I'm buying a new power cable to replace the dodgy one for my new bike :thumb

Back
Top Bottom