Megamoto vibration

maineroads

Hi, New to this forum, but I am active on Advrider. I live in the US and have had a few BMWs. I just picked up a new "used" Megamoto with 125 miles. I haven't had a real chance to ride, but I noticed something on the way home from the dealer. I'm getting a cyclic vibration or thrumming in the lower gears, 1-4. I don't notice it in 5 or 6. Someone had posted on Adv rider about excessive driveshaft angle? I haven't adjusted the suspension yet, but am wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Thanks, Steve

It looks like some do and some don't? My R12S and R12GS didn't do this, but I've read where others have, so I'll just ignore it and ride. Anyway, looking forward to to some good reading here. regards, Steve

At what revs do you get these vibrations?

I might feel similar vibes, but only below 2500 rpms. Normal riding for me is done between 3 - 8k rpms, so not a problem. I had the same thing on my R12GS, and never worried about it.

Hi, New to this forum, but I am active on Advrider. I live in the US and have had a few BMWs. I just picked up a new "used" Megamoto with 125 miles. I haven't had a real chance to ride, but I noticed something on the way home from the dealer. I'm getting a cyclic vibration or thrumming in the lower gears, 1-4. I don't notice it in 5 or 6. Someone had posted on Adv rider about excessive driveshaft angle? I haven't adjusted the suspension yet, but am wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Thanks, Steve
It's a well known issue with the MM. Nobody has found a proper explanation or remedy yet.

I feel it the most in 4th gear at light throttle. A thrumming or cycling vibration. As Magnum said, I'm hearing it's a known issue on some bikes, and most just ignore it. I went for a spirited ride today and it was only noticeable when I was going through town at 40-45mph in 4th gear. Yeah, I know, I shouldn't be going that slow!

Back
Top Bottom