Returning GSer looking for spares?

crashtestdummy

Reaction score
Hi All...

I used to be a member until my account expired due to lack of use; much like everything in my life; especially common sense; an ability to control my :augie use of the throttle whilst lent over at improbable lean angles, etc - my wife's list is endless.

Anyway; a recent bout of enthusiasm on a track day has left my 2005 R1200GS requiring some TLC :comfort; and a final transmission and a new clutch mounting.
In fact as I recall the frame that travels the length of the rear of the bike could be best replaced - or some welding around the rear passenger bracket mounts.

Despite the outcome, I did have fun.

If anyone knows of anyone in a position to sell any of these items due to theirs being more wrecked than mine; please get in touch!! If the outer shell is in tack I can replace with my inners, etc.

Any help and advice (on fixing it; not how not to wreck it again) or repair alternatives or contacts gratefully appreciated.

CrashTestDummy :blast

Welcome back to UKGSer :thumb2

Sorry to hear you've had a fall .... hope you wont hurt too bad.

If you become a site sponsor you'll be able to access the 'For Sale & Wanted' section of the forum further down, you'll get more response if you place a 'Wanted' advert plus you'll have the facility of PM's open to you.

Here's the link if you wish to use it :thumb2

Good luck, hope you're back on the road soon.

Just out of mild curiosity, what was your user name before your account dissapeared?

Hi Duchess - no broken bones and surprisingly no bruising; just pain!

I did not see a link @ "Here's the link if you wish to use it" - so I clicked on "Click here to subscribe"; then on the payment looking icon and it returned to the forum without prompting for payment; advise sought please.

CrashTestDummy

Hi Duchess - no broken bones and surprisingly no bruising; just pain!

I did not see a link @ "Here's the link if you wish to use it" - so I clicked on "Click here to subscribe"; then on the payment looking icon and it returned to the forum without prompting for payment; advise sought please.

CrashTestDummy

Blonde moment, forgot to put the link in for you. There are two ways to pay, Credit/Debit card and cheque. The credit/debit card is quicker ... which one are you trying to do?

Thanks Bryn :thumb2

Hi All...

I used to be a member until my account expired due to lack of use; much like everything in my life; especially common sense; an ability to control my :augie use of the throttle whilst lent over at improbable lean angles, etc - my wife's list is endless.

Anyway; a recent bout of enthusiasm on a track day has left my 2005 R1200GS requiring some TLC :comfort; and a final transmission and a new clutch mounting.
In fact as I recall the frame that travels the length of the rear of the bike could be best replaced - or some welding around the rear passenger bracket mounts.

Despite the outcome, I did have fun.

If anyone knows of anyone in a position to sell any of these items due to theirs being more wrecked than mine; please get in touch!! If the outer shell is in tack I can replace with my inners, etc.

Any help and advice (on fixing it; not how not to wreck it again) or repair alternatives or contacts gratefully appreciated.

CrashTestDummy :blast

Sorry to hear about your off :roll....it's a funny thing about wifes, Once they know your intact and still have all the same didits you went on the track with "THE TRUE COST OF THAT LITTLE EXCUSION STARTS TO GET CALCULATED":wife......I think they must have the BMW parts department on re-dial........my wife came out with prices for parts i couldn't even find....:drool And then you get "WELL, THATS THE MOST EXPENSIVE £150 TRACK DAY YOU'LL EVER HAVE ISN'T IT DARLING" just at the moment your stood in your garage staring at the result of what happens while trying to out-brake that bloody R1 :augie..

in short ........good look with getting your bit's ....i hope my rant dosn't sound too synicle :blast

jonny5

Back
Top Bottom