New affordable motorcycle GPS - Danew

Mike Werner

Cloggie amongst Frogs
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
French electronics manufacturer, Danew, have released a motorcycle specific GPS, the E135.

Bluetooth 2.0, IPX7 (waterproof), and including handlebar mount, the unit costs €279, including a map of Europe.

Compared to other motorcycle GPSs, it's cheaper, and looks like it's easier to use.

Hopefully next month I'll be doing a review.

Danew E135 Outdoors motorcycle gps

whilst we all welcome cheaper gps.
does it come with a windscreen mount,power leads[car/bike],mapping on dvd, etc
as for easy to use-
anybody that cant use a garmin zumo 660,should not be allowed out on there own :)

It may be cheap as chips and performs well, but as usual, no thought has gone into the mount, its looks re-badged and aimed at the far east handlebar market.

Problems will surface when the power ranger brigade buy it and want to fit it on a Boosa, Gixxer, Blade or Bird, then the fun starts. Shall be interesting to see what is offered , my guess nothing, which shall be my reply, when asked.

I guess this was the whole point. If you want the dvd player, mounts, expresso machine, etc, you pay the big bucks. If all you want is a gps that tells you were the closest McDonalds is, this would be the choice.

The mount is purpose made by Danew, but don't know how sturdy it is. They're shipping a unit to me next month. But a RAM mount can be used according to them. Will see when it gets here...

I guess this was the whole point. If you want the dvd player, mounts, expresso machine, etc, you pay the big bucks. If all you want is a gps that tells you were the closest McDonalds is, this would be the choice.

The mount is purpose made by Danew, but don't know how sturdy it is. They're shipping a unit to me next month. But a RAM mount can be used according to them. Will see when it gets here...

which sounds perfect for me. :thumb2
Thanks for the heads up Mike :clap

oh - remove muckdonalds though and replace with Logis De France Hotel

sheesh! - wouldn't want ye thinking i'm some kind of lowerclass oik :augie

Will it do a route you can specify by, for example, uploading a GPX file? Or is it just an A to B device? If the latter then forget it.

which sounds perfect for me. :thumb2
Thanks for the heads up Mike :clap

oh - remove muckdonalds though and replace with Logis De France Hotel

sheesh! - wouldn't want ye thinking i'm some kind of lowerclass oik :augie

That's why I launched the biker friendly listing on iPhone... :aidan

Will it do a route you can specify by, for example, uploading a GPX file? Or is it just an A to B device? If the latter then forget it.

Don't know yet. Will tell you when I get the device. But they do have an SD-micro device for uploading from a PC, so presume that there will be some capability to upload stuff. ... and I'm not going back to ask them, since I've done that 4 times already...:eek:

Danew-E135-Outdoor-3.jpg

Mike,

It would be interesting to see how they validate it, but incase they cannot or do not know, the image above offers a clue... the 'cradle' has four elongated T slots, so needs a Herbert Richter style adaptor plate with a hole in each corner then you may well find that the RAM diamond base (RAM-B-238) will fit onto it .. my 2p worth, whilst munching on me baguette. :D

Danew-E135-Outdoor-3.jpg

Mike,

It would be interesting to see how they validate it, but incase they cannot or do not know, the image above offers a clue... the 'cradle' has four elongated T slots, so needs a Herbert Richter style adaptor plate with a hole in each corner then you may well find that the RAM diamond base (RAM-B-238) will fit onto it .. my 2p worth, whilst munching on me baguette. :D

I did ask them, during my many emails, if standard RAM mounts would work, and they said yes. But they also said that their mount was sturdy and could withstand harley-davidson virbrations... :thumb

Those Hardleys do thump about on tickover :D

This is the Herbert Richter style of 'bike mount' and has the elongated slot locking method, so mating adaptor has 4 corner holes and the two hole diamond picks up on the diagonal holes on the adaptor, and its the only way I know to adapt and use with 1" ball parts :thumb

1629.jpg

1642.jpg

lets hope it's a good piece of kit and your report is favorable mike.:thumb

just a thought!!!!!!!!
will there be a UK / English / postcode support version . :thumb

Mark, do you know whose orbiting bodies they are using? Nubile, young, European ones, or old and on their deathbed American ones?

Not having a clue about any of them, never having even seen one in use, I am sceptical abolut the yanks keeping us fed with navigation information for free.

Interesting product, but I fail to see the advantage if you compare it to the Garmin nüvi 510 that is IPX7 waterproof as well.

It has a similar price plus all the advantages of being a Garmin device, such as:
- MapSource compatibility
- RAM compatibility
- Garmin map compatibility (road, topo, ...)
- car mount / bike mount /
- Garmin support

Back
Top Bottom