whilst im in there

D6

Reaction score
motors stripped, owt worth replaceing whilst in there? , it all seems very good cept for the siezed gear,
cam chains ok, piston an rings look good, although i may replace the rings (wheres the best place to buy em?)
owt else??

DR350 ?

Hi
If it's a DR350 replace the thrust washers behind the clutch basket. Wear causes difficulty finding neutral. I don't know if the same applies to the DRZ
Did you mention you'd checked cam chain guide rail?

David

sorry its the 400,
yup just checked it, it (the engine) all seems in good nick, given the abuse it gets
springs are a bit sloppy in the clutch basket, i might try tigging some washers behind em (works on gsxr,s)

Change the cam chain and, more importantly, the rear cam chain guide.

The cam chain guide only lasts about 15-20k miles before the auto-chain-tensioner runs out of adjustment and the engine rattles like feck. When I changed mine, the chain itself was hardly worn.

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

Greg

thanks for that, im installing a manual tensioner, ill get a chain though, there cheap enough:thumb2

here we go
2nd gear welded to the counter shaft, :eek:

ABCD0001.JPG
a hint of thing,s to come is when your front sprocket becomes loose for no apparent reason, :eek
theres a simple fix for this
mr oonyack pointed me in the right direction,:bow
this caused a partial sieze of the box, and could throw you off, if left to sieze properly
if any doubt, go on thumper talk,
its a well known problem easily fixed with locktite :thumb, and well documented there,
therel be a full pic set on there of the strip down, soon
im digger2006 on thumpertalk:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom