Patsy's Pyrenees Party 2009 - 22nd & 23rd September

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
PatsyQuick.jpg

If you're interested, please contact gerald@desertroseracing.com

Greg

I'm just wondering how a Maths teacher gets week at the end of September off???

I'm wondering if I could talk my Mrs into a weeks late summer holiday there :bounce1

This was run last year by HU and known as the Horizons Unlimited Mountain Madness, I attended. The event was well attended by lots of pogos with a few big trialies and some GS's to make the numbers up, having said that a GSA 1200 won it last year and I think the year before a GS took top honours as well. They also run a not very popular road version along side it which I must say looked like fun finding the check points on the twisty mountain roads :thumb2

There was talk and a mini survey afterwards regarding this years event. Austin and Lois had other plans for the summer (in India I think) and wanted the HU team to run it WITHOUT them in the September... I don't think this went down well and maybe why it has changed hands...as much as anything people want to see the infamous duo there at the event! So Austin & Lois may not be there this year if that makes a difference to you...this is/was speculation though.

There was also talk from Austin that this years event would be all new, a bit further down the Pyrenees and more technical..looks like that has not happened as the flyer lists the same details as last years event. The Hotel was top notch with garage, the campsite adequate but the facilities were a little lacking in the cleanliness stakes :eek:

Although I rode nearly 900 miles over 2 days to get there I never actually got to take part in the event though :augie. Reports were that the trails were varied and excellent..some quite technical even on a pogo. There was also complaints toward the end regarding cheating. People naturally got to the location a day or two early and did a recey of the area and trails, as the check point book had already been issued some felt cheating had been going on by peeps finding check point codes before the event started. If your competitive then this may piss on your chips, if your going for just the fun of it, it does not really matter. Having said that, if this years event is the same, then anybody that done it last year will have a big advantage. A lot of peeps stayed on after the event to complete the trails they never got.

Quite a few from here done it last year, Tim Cullis (sp) was one that rings a bell...not sure he was a big fan of the event though. If you want more info then a search here or on HU using 'Mountain Madness' should give some results, ride reports and videos...there was also a big report on TBM forum by I think 'Rich C'.

I'd like/will do this again when the time is right, either on a small traily or I may even consider the road version if its still being run. It was good last year but if the check points have not been changed this year it could be just a bit a bit of a 'Cash Cow' event, especially if Austen & Lois don't show & you have done it before.

Just my opinion.

Adie

OK, Removing my foot from my very big mouth....:augie

I have just had a look at the HU site and what da ya know the 'Horizons Unlimited Mountain Madness 2009' is being run as well July 20-22 2009 (check in 19th or morning of 20th)..see here http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/humm

A quick read and indeed they have moved locations a bit and there are extra check points on new trails and more technical...looks like Austen & Lois delivered every thing they promised last year...SORRY GUYS if you read this :thumb

Patsy's Party must just be a bonus.

Adie

Team Fruit of this this parish I beleive vid of 08 HUMM

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/otdHzmeMrjg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/otdHzmeMrjg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Am really quite confused about Patsy's event....

Am well aware of the PyreneesUp and the HUMM. PyreneesUp is friends and family to Vince and co only. The HUMM is open to anyone, and the HUMM does the previous years PyreneesUp.

I'm doing the HUMM this year 20-22 July.

I suspect Patsy's party is doing a previous PyreneesUp/HUMM route....but could be totally wrong.

Patsy,s of to prevoius weeks do,austin finest pyrenees up.What a way ti celerbrate his & lois,s wedding annisversaary.

shit the bed look at the fun bags on that...fan bloody tastic :D

erm I thought Austin and Lois are on a Ural made for 2 crossing the Goode Ole US of A making "a grand day out" I'm gonna ask him at the Hog Roast raost roost whatever cos he's there int he.

While evil charley Austin's nemissis is ****ering the licence payers money away in Japan? or is it Russia? nobody seems to know or care

Back
Top Bottom