Bump starting G450X...

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
Stuck with dead battery t'other day on my tod.

Could not get it to jump start - roll down hill, in gear, dump clutch and apply throttle.

Now with a "normal bike", you have a key to switch the "ignition on"....no such thing on the G450X

Is it possible to bump start these things?

I might be wrong but 'I Think' that you need to press in the starter button as you do it.

MitchMan

down hill let it roll 2de gear let go of the clutch, mine starts like that
i had the engine stall going down hill, so i let go of the clutch and it was alive again.

using the starter button is also a ide.

Tried 2nd and 3rd rolling down a hill, but back wheel just locked up.

But didn't try pressing the starter button.

Will try again at the w/e.

Thx peeps.

if back wheel block then jump on the bike at the same time relase clutch, make the back havie. And relase the clutch at once, not slow but fast.

but the best trick is!!!!!! if you put the light on(big light and then push the bling light(index finger) the engine electrick stuff starts (you ca hear that) only then you can start i believ.
the electrick stuff also starts when briefly pushing the start button

so do that firts, best way to run an jump is firts roll the bike back wards untill you push to compression, start running from there, i can runandjump start a 1150 gs like that.

I don't believe it is possible to start the XChallenge when the battery is dead, I think
if there is a little life in the battery and as MitchMan said you press the starter
button as you bump it it will work. I spent hours trying to start mine when the Gel-Cel
battery packed in on me in the middle of nowhere.

Feck, feck and feck.

Correct, because it's an electric fuel pump and won't run without juice in the battery...however I think the question relates to a 450:blast

Bawlz... I haven't made this particular blunder in quite a while......sorry lads, as you were. :augie

:D

NP. Easily done. Bump starting practice this w/e...bring it on.

Brommer - was sat on bike rolling down hill. I can run-and-bump start my 1200GSA no problem.

I bump started my bike the other day, and what I did was engaged 3rd gear, squeezed the clutch and let one of the guy on his bike pushed me from behind till I reached about 15-20kph then released the clutch and it started ok. No need to push in the starter or anything.

Back
Top Bottom