Wrong Way Round - Robot R1200GSA rider!

AndyW

Reaction score
How cool is this?!

577028734_GxscQ-L.jpg

...and all in aid of a great cause. The robot robot will be travelling the 'wrong way round' (facing the wrong way, get it? :D) with Graham Merrick on a 5 day fund raising ride from John O'Groats to Cape Cornwall this August. Graham is aiming to raise £5000 for Enduro Africa.

Find out what Graham Merrick is up to to raise funds for the charity Enduro Africa - it involves a lot of riding, a BMW R1200GSA and a robot (that's not a typo, yes, a ROBOT!):
Wrong way round....motorcycle charity fund raising event

Riders are invited to join them (he will be travelling with his friend Ian Underwood aka COGS) on various stages of the trip....find out more on Grahams website, where you can also donate towards the cause.

yikes.....what's that going to do to the handling ? I'd be a bit concerned about my insurance and road worthiness too. Great stunt but I hope it doesn't end in tears :eek

That's very good - not sure how that large sign will affect the handling. I suppose if you stick to sub light speed it should be ok.

Derrrrrrr, it's for charity guy's.
Handling , insurance, you all got the 'let's sue disease' ?
If there's no fun on this site I'll go back to the Japs

I think it's cool makes the GSA look small

better if it was sitting the other way round:thumb2

Derrrrrrr, it's for charity guy's.
Handling , insurance, you all got the 'let's sue disease' ?
If there's no fun on this site I'll go back to the Japs

I agree, people do lots of stupid things in the name of charity, riding an unstable bike the length of the country is nothing compared with what some do. Good luck chaps :clap

I think it's cool makes the GSA look small

better if it was sitting the other way round
_________

then itd be like charlie!

Last edited:
But if it sat the other way round, it wouldn't be......................................................................................................................the................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. WRONG WAY ROUND

ahhh very clever doh anyway I thought it was a model GSA when I first saw it...

what sort of oil would a robot like that use?

and when you come down past Glen coe can you pick up my C90 fairing which dropped off near the hotel ta very muchly.

A few comments I picked up from ADVRider.com :rolllaugh

-a "funny" twist on Long Way Round.
-another beemer with a ton of shiny crap strapped to it.

The robot needs a laser gun or at least a shot gun and uzzi. It should say "**** you, asshole" to everyone.

Looks heavy, that cant be good for the final drive,
He shoulda used a blow up doll....they always look so "Surprised".

Does the robot transform into a spare final drive and security key radio? If so, there may be a market for selling 'em.

Great idea!

Put a metal cock on it, have it jack off and spray warm salty yogurt on tailgaters.
:eek:

A bit more info about the robot, I'll find out more when I get a chance....
It's made mainly of car parts from the scrappies, dash boards, consol's, door handle plates, air boxes etc etc. Anything plastic to keep the weight down. It was built by a friend of Grahams, Nick Fielding of Cyberstein Robots, you might have seen one of their previous creations, Titan.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJB6ud4DwSk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJB6ud4DwSk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More Titan vids here (news clips, TV appearances, events etc):
http://www.youtube.com/user/cyberstein69

I haven't spoken to Graham for a while, I'll email him for a progress update......seems he's not updated his website for ages as the amount of donations received has not been updated, hopefully the total is a lot higher now!

Back
Top Bottom