34580_FS570_45_1024.jpg

34579_FS570_Front_1024.jpg

34575_Bremse_FS570_1024.jpg

34577_front_wheel_FS_853.jpg

34578_Gabelbrcke_FS570_1024.jpg

34576_Fork_FS_1024.jpg

:drool

Greg

i'd love to see more of that engine - quite a radical departure from the norm. :drool

I take it this is the one where HUsky have actually raised the engine, rather than keep the weight low down, because they believe the exact position of the center of gravity is a key factor to handling.

I take it this is the one where Hysky have actually raised the engine, rather than keep the weight low down, because they believe the exact position of the center of gravity is a key factor to handling.

The concept is that the biggest rotating mass (ie the crank) is mounted as close as possible to the CoG in order to minimise the gyro effect and to promote sharp handling.

Greg

PS It's a Husaberg; not a Husqvarna.

The concept is that the biggest rotating mass (ie the crank) is mounted as close as possible to the CoG in order to minimise the gyro effect and to promote sharp handling.

Greg

PS It's a Husaberg; not a Husqvarna.
Now we know how it works, :)
Go and get it :thumb

First journo tests taking place today in Spain. I'm going to get the Enduro later this year I think. :)

First journo tests taking place today in Spain. I'm going to get the Enduro later this year I think. :)

You might want to look here - check the bottom of the page.

A new FE570 with a set of SM wheel/tyres for an extra £135 - that's a bargain!

2009HUSABERGFE450SMOTOP.jpg

Greg

Great price/deal but it's on the 2009 bikes, not the 2010 bikes (as far as I can tell).

Still worth considering as it would let me get rid of all my SM's and Enduro bikes as well.

Is that a near horizontally mounted engine, rather than vertical? I imagine that has interesting effect on how the bike feels...

Is that a near horizontally mounted engine, rather than vertical? I imagine that has interesting effect on how the bike feels...

When TBM did a write up they seemed to think it made a very positive difference to how the bike felt on the rough - whether mere mortals such as most of us here would notice, who knows :nenau

Andres

When TBM did a write up they seemed to think it made a very positive difference to how the bike felt on the rough - whether mere mortals such as most of us here would notice, who knows :nenau

Andres

I certainly notice a big difference between the balance of the boxer engines in my HP2 and GSA and that of the single in my Dakar. I know we're still talking about a single but the fact that it's mounted lengthways :nenau

Some 'Berg 2010 Off-Road & SM action..

The SM footage on public roads is somewhat reckless, :augie :cool:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/20Nz3bRE2j0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/20Nz3bRE2j0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Back
Top Bottom