Channel swim - condition that breaks babies' bones...

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have an mate, a lady called Maggie, and her lovely daughter Mandy suffers from an awful skin condition called Ichthyosis.

I promised Maggie that if I ever did anything slightly out of my comfort zone, I'd us it to raise money for the support group she runs, for sufferers of Ichthyosis.

The condition is pretty rare (so it doesn't attract much funding) but it's horrendous - it's a genetic skin condition that can cause dreadful skin lesions, so serious that they can break bones in babies' fingers and toes.

At the end of August I'm leading a team of 5 relay swimmers, in an attempt to swim to France. We're not pro swimmers, we're just ordinary blokes who are trying to make a difference.

We'll be facing difficult currents, tides, changeable weather, sewerage and the busiest shipping lane in the world because we believe in making a difference to the lives of the kids suffering from this condition.

If you want to offer words of encouragement please do so... if you're comfortable to contribute a couple of pounds, please visit http://www.justgiving.com/paulgreenhalgh2/

Thanks people.

Paul G (the other) :beerjug:

Thanks very much guys, there are families out there who will be more grateful than you can ever imagine.

:thumb

I'm in.

I've heard about this condition and it's pretty nasty.
And being as I'm a non-swimmer I think it's a bold venture.

Back
Top Bottom