Brno MotoGP 2009

woody_woodward

Is anyone going to the Brno MotoGP this year.

I am looking at going from the Wednesday 12th early am returning Wednesday 19th midday ish.

The loose plan is to go down through france then through the swiss, austrian and italian alps and onto the CZ and up to Brno for the Saturday and a few beers and some food. There 3 local camp grounds to stay at. Watch the GP and then leave Monday and travel back via Germany and Luxemburg possibly.

This is a loose plan. I will be camping, locating sites roughly before the trip but mainly finding campgrounds on the way, there may be an oportunity for some wilderness camping too.

I was going with a mate from wales but he has had to cancel so I am going it alone as I have a pass out.

Looking at 300-350 miles per day. Aiming to get as many mountain roads in as possible as time permits.

Riding an F800GS.

Is anyone making their own way to the GP? Anyone fancy joining who can do the mileage?

done this trip last year had a great time the brno circuit is excellent for the spectator plenty of places to camp near the circuit but accommodation is relatively cheep and you dont have to listen to the shite german music in the camp-site,,, be carefull of the wild camping met some lads from yorkshire who had their tent cut open while they slept and a load of stuff stolen never heard a thing :eek: ,,,enjoy your trip mate :thumb2

Was going but have a few family problems so missing out this year.

The warning about rough camping is genuine and a real danger. I lived in Brno for a year and have accommodation sorted but every year campers not in an official site are targeted when away from their tents.

Accommodation is cheap in hotels and B&B's but the prices can get out of hand for GP and WSB weekends.

Camping

Thanks for the notes on the camping issues. The plan is to stay in one of the camp sites approved for the motoGP http://www.brnograndprix.com/camping.htm . The wilderness camping would only be in the high alps off the beaten track, either way I would probably stay in regular camp along the way.

I know of a good camp site in Mayrhofen that is a biker run. Probable aim there for one night.

Is anyone going to the Brno MotoGP this year.

I am looking at going from the Wednesday 12th early am returning Wednesday 19th midday ish.

The loose plan is to go down through france then through the swiss, austrian and italian alps and onto the CZ and up to Brno for the Saturday and a few beers and some food. There 3 local camp grounds to stay at. Watch the GP and then leave Monday and travel back via Germany and Luxemburg possibly.

This is a loose plan. I will be camping, locating sites roughly before the trip but mainly finding campgrounds on the way, there may be an oportunity for some wilderness camping too.

I was going with a mate from wales but he has had to cancel so I am going it alone as I have a pass out.

Looking at 300-350 miles per day. Aiming to get as many mountain roads in as possible as time permits.

Riding an F800GS.

Is anyone making their own way to the GP? Anyone fancy joining who can do the mileage?

helloooo fellow tosser we the slimbo family will be there for the three days..
were doing a european vacation in the wobbly box and look forward to meeting up ..
give us a shout sometime m8 07734729594..:thumb

Which campsite are you staying at? When you say wobble box am I guessing a caravan?

i was at my next door neighbour's on friday night and having a drink. in walks a bloke whom he introduced as eugene and who rides a bike too. he saw my 800gs out the front and upon being asked, he said he rode a Honda CBR600. Pete said he races. Anyway, that was my intro to Eugene Laverty, who was very down to earth and who will, i believe, be racing at Brno. so, i'd be sorely tempted just to support the boy, but alas i've other commitments. enjoy though!

Which campsite are you staying at? When you say wobble box am I guessing a caravan?

caravan? caravan!!!!!!!!

noooooo dont go there , its a vw camper..
and hopefully pick one of the campsites at the track!!

its all fast and loose at the mo as we leave blighty on the 8th aug, to take a gentle wobble to the czeck rep.
a couple of days in parague then drop into brno for the weekend.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom