Stolen: KTM640Adventure, London area.

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Stolen: KTM640Adventure, London area. From ADVrider, pics to follow.

I am desperate to find my stolen bike as it has huge sentimental value after crossing the Sahara on it at the beginning of this year with the Skycar Expedition 2009 (www.skycarexpedition.com)

It was taken on Tuesday 14th July from Kensal Green, London UK. Thieves in a stolen green BMW fired up a petrol powered angle grinder, cut the chain and took the bike. It was reported but the police arrived too late.

It is a KTM 640 Adventure, 2003 model in silver. Some paint damage to the right side of the tank. Rear sprocket is geared for desert driving

When taken, it was covered in Skycar Expedition logos and sponsors logos Garmin, Goldentyre, Ethanol Ventures, CTI, Ossur, Hoare Bank and a host of smaller companies.

It had a very distinctive home made top box for my camera gear and I had strengthened the frame at the rear with steel angle to carry the box. It was made with steel angle and aluminum sheet, lid in 'tread plate'. Also a distinctive home made aluminum GPS bracket. All this has probably been stripped and may be offered for sale separately.

The dust on the way to Timbuktu is a very distinctive orange colour. Despite many washes it just does not come off! Every nook and cranny of this bike is full of orange dust!

If you come across this bike (KS03 AOP) or any parts that have these logos or distinctive orange dust please post this site and get in touch with me.

Those of you who have had bikes taken will know how I am feeling right now.

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom