Waterproof Laptop Bag

Hexme

Reaction score
I use my GS everyday for work and am looking for a waterproof Laptop Bag/Tail pack big enough to take my 15" Macbook. Anyone got any advice, would prefer the tailpack method as opposed to a rucksack. It must be easy to put on and take off.

Thanks

:)

I think you need to be more specific.

Won't it require a large apple logo on it as well?

You wouldn't want other commuters thinking your just carrying a normal common old garden laptop would you.

I think you need to be more specific.

Won't it require a large apple logo on it as well?

You wouldn't want other commuters thinking your just carrying a normal common old garden laptop would you.

Well thanks for you answer it was no help whatsoever........

Have a look at bike panniers - there are several available that seem to do the job and offer water resistance. Not sure I'd be happy having a £1000+ laptop in a soft case in the rain mind, no matter how waterproof they claim it is...

enlarge_img_250_blank.gif

1048.jpg

ALURB17.jpeg

Fixing it to the bike is then issue 2 :)

Thanks L

I have hard panniers for my GSA and wanted to commute with them off, however what you just said makes perfect sense, so I might go with your Idea and use the panniers, thanks for you constructive answer.

It depends on how much protection you want,

I have a small lap top and use a Kregia bag which is slightly padded and fully waterproof and its been fine, that just straps to the back of the bike if I need it to.
If you want to use a normal laptop bag, then try putting it in an ortleib waterproof bag which can be put on the back of the bike, ortleib is as waterproof as it gets.
Lastly what about a decent tank bag, you can get one that will take that laptop in a slim laptop bag and with a cover on the tank bag that's going to be pretty proof as well.

However I used to commute with Zega panniers and I now have a set of verns world beaters and its not difficult, you get used to it and they are not much wider than the handlebars anyway, so just fit the luggage and use that, it cheaper and easier and will do the job, and you WILL get used to the width without to much effort.

I carry my laptop in an Ortlieb bag without any issue. Whichever way you carry it though, I'd suggest you put it in a padded sleeve such as those by Crumpler. They are made out of padded neoprene and will protect from most general knocks and scuffs, plus they will help deaden the vibrations that you get on a bike which I once heard can be damaging for the hard drive of the laptop.

Tim

I use my GS everyday for work and am looking for a waterproof Laptop Bag/Tail pack big enough to take my 15" Macbook. Anyone got any advice, would prefer the tailpack method as opposed to a rucksack. It must be easy to put on and take off.

Thanks

I can recommend the Exped Crush Drybag as a waterproof laptop bag suitable for a 15" Macbook. I used one for my 14" iBook quite a lot when I working. Has a couple of D rings which you can attach as strap to so can be slung over the shoulder easily. Dosn't take up much room and very light. Sometimes I just used the inner crush bag by itself as its easily removable. I use other smaller Exped crush bags for gadgets and their larger drybags are a great fit in Vario Panniers.

For example and photos see here (I got mine in Tisos during a sale)

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Exped-Crush-Drybag.html

Roll top waterproof dry bags with integrated EVA foam padding. Protect sensitive valuables from shock and water

Attachments

• crushdrybag.jpg
    crushdrybag.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 223
Not exactly what you asked for, but have you looked at Peli cases?

They're totally waterproof and they're crush proof as well, lifetime guarantee and you can get them with foam inserts.

They're not cheap, but they are practically bomb proof:thumb2

peli-1490cc1%5Bekm%5D240x240%5Bekm%5D.jpg

LINKY (only the first one I found, many other outlets about)

Not exactly what you asked for, but have you looked at Peli cases?

They're totally waterproof and they're crush proof as well, lifetime guarantee and you can get them with foam inserts.

They're not cheap, but they are practically bomb proof:thumb2

peli-1490cc1%5Bekm%5D240x240%5Bekm%5D.jpg

LINKY (only the first one I found, many other outlets about)

I have a Jansport rucksake for everyday use, it has a Laptop compartment too. Whilst it's not technically waterproof it has never given me issues.

Back
Top Bottom