John 'O' Groats & Back.. Give us a wave!

TroyTempest

Reaction score
Guys..& Girls...

from 1-4 August, me and a team of 8 riders from 21 Engineer Regiment will be riding from Ripon in a clockwise loop of Scotland, up the west coast (ish) to John 'O' Groats and back down the east coast via edinburgh and back to Ripon (about 1200 miles total). We are raising money which will be split 3 ways between "Yorkshire Air Ambulance", "Army Benevolent Fund" and "British Limbless Ex Serviceman's Association".

I'm not looking for donations (bit too late for that :blast) as we have raised a fair bit already. If you see us on your travels, give us a wave and a hoot and show your support for our Troops in Afghanistan (20 dead this month). I'll be out there again doing my bit - again - next year. You'll see us easy - 7 road bikes, a support wagon, and me looking remarkably out of place on my GSA.

Troy :thumb

PS. Our soldiers need a pat on the back down the local, even if we do get a bit boistrous sometimes - sorry about that :beerjug:

Wishing you well on the trip......have a gudun
Worthy causes as well,my nephew is off to stan in Sept for his first stint out there. :thumb

Wishing you well on the trip......have a gudun
Worthy causes as well,my nephew is off to stan in Sept for his first stint out there. :thumb

Thanks Glyno. I'll be passing near your way on about 13/14 August too. Catching the ferry from Denia to Ibiza to visit my Dad for a few days in San Antonio. Best of luck to your nephew, I hope he keeps safe and returns home to tell some wary stories! :thumb2

Whats your planned route, If I can I'll make a point of getting out to wave you on.:thumb2

1st Leg:

Ripon - Carlisle - Dumfries - Castle Douglas - Ayr, I suppose the nearest we get to Glasgow would be crossing the Erskine Bridge some time early afternoon, after that it's a sharp left onto the A814. Don't worry if you don't see us, this is our first time out together and it could all go Pete Tong. That said, we're all fully trained killing machines and expert map readers :augie What could possibly go wrong.

Troy.

1st Leg:

Ripon - Carlisle - Dumfries - Castle Douglas - Ayr, I suppose the nearest we get to Glasgow would be crossing the Erskine Bridge some time early afternoon, after that it's a sharp left onto the A814. Don't worry if you don't see us, this is our first time out together and it could all go Pete Tong. That said, we're all fully trained killing machines and expert map readers :augie What could possibly go wrong.

Troy.

Guessing the first leg will be on August 1st
The A814 is a fantastic wee bit of road, stop at the Pit Stop Diner at Arrochar for a cup of tea. I might even meet you there. :D

Thanks Glyno. I'll be passing near your way on about 13/14 August too. Catching the ferry from Denia to Ibiza to visit my Dad for a few days in San Antonio. Best of luck to your nephew, I hope he keeps safe and returns home to tell some wary stories! :thumb2

May see you by the port then,I often pop down there for a bimble.Mines a yellow 1200. :thumb2

1st Leg:

Troy.

Good luck, hope the weather stays fine for you all. I'll keep a watch out :)

Back
Top Bottom