Top Box fitting?

Supercobra

I have recently gone from a 1997 F650 to a 2001 650gs, and am wondering what is required to fit my BMW top box? I have seen there is a mounting bracket availible that fits inside the rear compartment and allows you to fit the mounting plate for the box. This appears to leave the rear compartment open to the elements and makes me worry that it will eventually fill up with road filth and mess up my electrics/make the seat damp.

Any suggestions on the best way to fit a box?

SuperC,

if you've got all the right bits, then there's no issue with leaving anything open to the elements.
650rack.JPG

Here's a pic of the bits required. If you've got all those and want a picture of the rack in place - just shout.

That's really helpful - I'm clearly missing a few parts; I've only managed to get hold of the bracket and the small mounting plate. (took me ages to work out how to fit the bracket inside the compartment!)

SC,

'tis a bit fiddly. I had to "trim" the existing angled supports either side to get the bracket to fit. BWM dealers just dispense with these when they do the fitting (from what I've seen of showroom fitted ones).

I'm sure the 'Chaingang' FAQs will have details on fitting (www.f650.com)

Good luck..........

Back
Top Bottom