GS Motorcycle tyres - Thames Valley

thauma

Reaction score
Gary from GS Motorcycle (www.gsmotorcycletyres.com) fitted a new set of Tourances to my Adventure at my house.

Top job,
  • quoted for tyres and ultraseal.
  • Turned up at nominated time of my choosing,
  • sorted the bike for me.
  • Saved me a trip to the dealer or Micheldever Tyres.
  • Delivered exactly the service promised

He's priced somewhere between Micheldever and Bahnstormer, and fitted at my house. So whilst not the cheapest the extra was worth it as it saved me taking time off work.:thumb2

I'll certainly consider using him again.

Now I know I can order the tyres and fit them myself, but I'm pretty useless at mechanical stuff. So the money saved would be a false economy.

£241 for the tyres fitted, balanced, new valves, disposal etc, can't remember how much the Ultraseal was.

Micheldever were around £210 and Bahnsormer were around £280

I figured the extra was worth it.

Cheers

Dave#...

You did well. Last time I needed tyres, I called him - no answer, left a message, never got a call back. Thought I'd give another go this time, called him, left a message, and once more, no call back. He must in the the enviable position of having too much business:rob

.... I called him - no answer, left a message, never got a call back...... Thought I'd give another go this time, called him, left a message, and once more, no call back.

That's a completely different experience to me. I must admit I sent a message from their website, and got a response the same day. The admin was done separately from the 'man in the van'. So maybe that's the difference.

Certainly your experience isn't one that would fill you with confidence, or entice you to want to try again. Which is a shame, as it was a good experience for me. Maybe I was just lucky (although that's not usual for me - generally the opposite in fact)

Cheers

Dave#...

I've used Gary for 4yrs and he and his wife Denise have been extremely efficient, well priced and helpful.

Well, that's why I tried again as people had said he was good. But it's not good business not to call back customers, especially new customers:nenau

Well, that's why I tried again as people had said he was good. But it's not good business not to call back customers, especially new customers:nenau

Did you get a response from him? I've just had two emails bounced back.

Back
Top Bottom