• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

Lars1974

Reaction score
hi guys,

as Farmer Palmer already posted the question: Where do the Buell's belong? in this section I thought I check out how many Buell Owners are here?

so please let us know...
thx Lars

I'm a Buelligan.....!

Buell Ulysses 07

Its in barricade orange complete with full Buell touring luggage, touring screen and heated grips and the low seat its only done 1250 miles.

Had my first ride on it last night and it and i'm well impressed with its charcater and quirkiness. There certainly isn't any of that 'Teutonic efficiency' that were all used to on here.

Fist impressions are it pulls well from very low revs on the open road but if your pottering about in first in traffic it seems to need a bit of positive throttle or it seems to mush a bit. First gear seems tall to me and at seventy in top gear the bike is purring away at quite low revs if a Harley engine can purr that is.

The bike's riding position is comfortable, the heated grips are amazingly hot, too hot to leave on even on the low setting and the seat feels like my American horseriding saddle, very, very wide and comfortable compared to........my HP2E but then it would be. Steering lock leaves a lot to be desired and tight or U turns need planning but i'll get used to that i'm sure.

Stating the bike is er... intersting, first turn the ignition and let the dials and lights do there stuff. Then hit the starter button.This is like a cross between starting an old aeroplane engine or one of the old two cylinder John Deere's we used to have on the farm.

The engine coughs, farts and splutters into life eventually but never seems to smooth out. I guess that's one of the main characteristics of the Harley 1200cc vee twin that I like so much.:cool:

Starting the bike outside ASDA's then the local chippy in Dunbar late last night certainly caused some 'wtf' is that glances as the Buell started shaking its ass and gyrating and vibrating backward across the smooth pavement.:augie

FP.

Oh and remember 'Loud Fans Save Lives':rob

99 Cyclone - one of the real Buells

S1 forks - race prepared by maxton
Renthal bars
Single carbon
seat unit - RRC
Metmachex ally oil tank
Cut down cam covers
Polished this and that
X1 gear change
Totally rebuild by Maz
Mikuni Carb
Force winder air filter
"Race" exhaust system
Pro S1 seat
Penske rear shock, reworked by Maxton
etc, etc

My 2p

Change your poll because lets face it most people on here own a Beemer and or a dirtbike of some sort, next most popular brand is going to probably be KTM so if people can be bothered to reply then I guess you'll just get a load of no's

How about

Do you own a Buell ?

1) yes
2) no
3) No but would definitely consider it .
4) Never !

HTH :thumb

Change your poll because lets face it most people on here own a Beemer and or a dirtbike of some sort, next most popular brand is going to probably be KTM so if people can be bothered to reply then I guess you'll just get a load of no's

How about

Do you own a Buell ?

1) yes
2) no
3) No but would definitely consider it .
4) Never !

HTH :thumb

good suggestion...but i cant seem to be able to edit the my poll....
any ideas?

yup another proper one for me

'02 M2
full US gearing
heavier fork oil (10 instead of 5)

is meant to be yellow but currently black has a few scuffs from an off years back
ride's nice now it's got the heavier fork oil.

:)

Had a short affair with a Lightning XB12. Full exhaust system woke the dead. A bundle of fun, but traded it in for the GS just over 2 years ago when I decided to get really sensible.

Mmm! Buell! The ticking bomb.

I borrowed one for a few weeks and thought it was fantastic. I like the tubular framed machines but cannot get over the shear ugliness of the later machines to buy one.

This is the one I had for a while. Cyclone M2

attachment.php

Not any more I'm afraid but did have a brand new Y-reg X1 lightening back in the day, in 'Racing Blue' I think it was called with PM polished alloy wheels, jeeez you only had to breathe near them and they'd start to fur up!! I'll have to see if I can find some pics

Hence the handle 'buellzebub' :thumb

Ahh yes. A Buell fan here. Owned a sweet M2 Cyclone for years then sold it. Missed it. Have revisited the fold and now smitten with an '09 Ulysses. Didn't the readers of a UK publication vote Buell as the best handling bike? Can't say I have much disagreement to that. Regardless, it is a fantastic bike, a grinfest to ride, a fine complement to the GSADV.

The M2...
m2ken854.jpg

The Uly...
ulyssesjuniper800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom