G450 exhaust system

clarkie

hello, is the extra torque and power gained by fitting a remus or akrapovic exhaust worth the money

hhmm, dont kniow about the akra.
Ive got the remus, and i dont think you get a lot more power.
But is does feel nicer in lower revs, feels freerer. But makes more noise.

I think the weight saving is worth the money :) i have an Akra system and think the engine delivers the power quicker and a bit more of it, wouldn't be without it now.

Well weight saving alone is a big plus I've dropped mine three times now and the stocker can is so bloody big it can't help but get hurt. Besides using a 2T exhaust plug on a 4T is getting silly now.

Also on the warranty side, in South Africa they have added the Big One slip-on to the range of pipes that are covered under warranty. Never heard of Big One pipes ?

:)
no whats a big one??

I have no idea, never heard of them they don't even have a website. Apparently they come from Italy.

People in South Africa were moaning about the cost of the Akra and that it was the only pipe covered under warranty. I've spoken to the Techies at my Motorrad and there is absolutely no way they can see what type of pipe has been put on.

They said I should buy what I want and if it comes in for service just replace with stocker simple. I might just save up for the Akra let the stocker take the abuse while I get to know the bike, put a nice big dent in it yesterday playing in the rocks. Right where the Carbon Akra piece would have been.... had it been on "gulp"

I'm om my 3rd Akro, just stop myself doing wheelies :) been over the back twice! I know it's an expensive mistake but just love the bike and the power. The fun is worth every penny :)

I'm om my 3rd Akro, just stop myself doing wheelies :) been over the back twice! I know it's an expensive mistake but just love the bike and the power. The fun is worth every penny :)

Do you want to sell me your old one :) The price of these puppies in South Africa is almost double what you guys pay :( I can handle a banged up rear carbon piece. Could probably fix it myself.

on my last escapade the back box was nearly bent in half!

sammo you need lessons i think a training course is needed in Wales:pullface

I would be the first to agree, i'm off to one on Wednesday. I thought i might get a complimentary one from BMW as i keep their spares department going. :) (don't think my sponsor has budgeted for any training days)

i got a big one exhaust as part of the spares package on my new g450x. never heard of them either and i was expecting an akra. the salesman told me the deal included an akra anyway!

i got a big one exhaust as part of the spares package on my new g450x. never heard of them either and i was expecting an akra. the salesman told me the deal included an akra anyway!

Did you go back and ask for the akra?

I also got the "big one" even though I hoped for an akra. The dealer never was very clear what the exhaust in the extra factory replica package is, just that it is an extra power slip-on :nenau

This is what Austrlaia & New Zealand have added free with the 09 bikes.

BMW team racing sticker kit, akrapovic race muffler, hand guards, aluminium bash guard as well a BMW neck brace. All up $4,600.00nz free.

the dealer is going to get back to me about it as i complained yesterday. im sure they told me it was a non road legal akra can...

thats a great price in NZ. we get pumped in the uk.i was still happy with £5950 with the spares kit included though

Back
Top Bottom