Tom tom rider 2 power problems...

cdo1uk

Reaction score
I have a Tom tom rider 2, its a great bit of kit, so i bought a plug from BMW to fit in under the seat of my 07 R1200GS Adventure (its a smaller version of a lighter socket in a car) the problem im getting is the tom tom charges up fine from home with the wall charger, but wont charge on the bike. i have even put the power lead from, the tom tom direct to the battery and it still wont charge it up. i have tested the hub and the lead and im getting current throught them both... i cant see why its not charging... any ideas?????

thanks

Charging

...I don't have a 1200 but I know there are lots of issues with the CANBUS system controlling charging in odd ways.

CANBUS is a digital power management system that is far too clever for us tossers!

Try looking in searching forum for "1200 CANBUS" or similar?

A

I have a Tom tom rider 2, its a great bit of kit, so i bought a plug from BMW to fit in under the seat of my 07 R1200GS Adventure (its a smaller version of a lighter socket in a car) the problem im getting is the tom tom charges up fine from home with the wall charger, but wont charge on the bike. i have even put the power lead from, the tom tom direct to the battery and it still wont charge it up. i have tested the hub and the lead and im getting current throught them both... i cant see why its not charging... any ideas?????

thanks
Had that problem with mine charged fine with the mains lead, it might be the charge cradle that the tom tom mounts to is at fault there are some electronics in it, mine has just gone back..

I gave up on Tom Tom (1&2) - charging cradle is a bag of nails.

i have found there to be a common problem with the dock/cradle. so am changing it for one that i hope will work this time...:augie

Back
Top Bottom