Hyperlites and mounting

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Just a quick photie to show the neat mounting point for my hyperlites, care of Vern!

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 888
brassmonkey001 said:
Hmm, tell me more about these "Hyperlites".

Bright red LED running lights which also function as brake lights. I suspect that they aren't likely to be legal in the UK as the brake lights flash for 5 seconds before going on solid. Flashing red lights on a vehicle are a no-no which is a shame because having seen these in the flesh they are *very* noticable - and that is a good part of what safe biking is about.

Mike

Although their legality is questionable (like leaving front fogs on on my Adv during the day), I'm sure it would be a pretty bored plod who hadn't had it in months who even bothered cautioning you for it.

The reason I wouldn't fit Hyperlites is that only Harleys seem to have them fitted over here...

Mike:D

brassmonkey001 said:
Cheers chaps. I don't think I'll be buying any at that price though.:cool:

With the exchange rate, and getting Mike to bring em back, they give more light for your money than Malky's wide tails, and for about the same money, even a bit cheaper if i remember £45. That's not to say that Malky's stuff isn't good, i just preferred the extra led's you get with the hyperlites.

Has any one fitted the Wide Tails

Has any here actually fitted the widetail lights, they look nice, and the fact they mount in existing parts is good.

But the pictures on their website are not very clear, so has anyone got a "real life" example?

With the LEDs, in the indicator housings, do they show red, or amber?? The piccies, look unclear.

Having followed MMM several times with his Hyperlites fitted, Gary Brooker and I decided to get some for ourselves.

I didn't use the custom bracket from Vern, instead I mounted them in the recommended place on each side of the rear light housing. Fitting took 5 minutes - no cutting needed - and the results are very impressive. The lights also work with the Integral ABS as fitted to my bike.

Cost was £45.

Top tip Rich. Thanks.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom