Recommend a good Chrome polish

Nasty1

Reaction score
Hi
Seemed like the placed to ask this :D been out and got myself a baby Triumph that has a small amount of chrome on it. The bike lives outside so looking for a decent polish that may last and help protect from the elements.

Cheers

Adie

Autosol worked on my golf clubs (they'd been in the garage 4 years).
Are we supposed to polish bikes then?

I have found Autosol a bit abrasive ?

I see 'Mothers' is a popular choice and starting to show its face here.

The other option that comes up in a search is the 'Hot Chrome Environment Polish' seems to get a good rap.

Cheers

Adie

Autosol do a chrome polish, a liquid, not the tube paste, it's not as abrasive.

If you want to protect the chrome, just use a quality polish, the same as you would use on painted surfaces.

Most metal polishes are cutting/grinding pastes and great for getting rid of oxidisation etc. You need something different to protect the finish.

Autosol do a chrome polish, a liquid, not the tube paste, it's not as abrasive.

If you want to protect the chrome, just use a quality polish, the same as you would use on painted surfaces.

Most metal polishes are cutting/grinding pastes and great for getting rid of oxidisation etc. You need something different to protect the finish.

I understand what your saying and some are obviously more aggressive than others.

This seems to leave a wax residue of sorts for protection which is what I am looking for, so maybe I need to alternate between two types.

Thanks for the advice.

Adie

if its already shiny - use mr sheen

if it needs to be made shiny - solvol

back to beginning :D

Back
Top Bottom