Off road level one and day in the dirt courses

scubaGSA

Reaction score
I have just booked the above for the 8th 9th and 10th of October as some much needed training for my 'longway up' trip in January (Ushia to Alaska) I will be staying at the Ancient Briton. Is anyone else from here going to be doing the same course??
Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy, Level One followed by a Day in the Dirt is hard work, get plenty of fluids down you (and not just of the beer variety) – SWBO has booked herself on the Day in the Dirt as she’s narked with me going to Morocco again, I’ve told her it’s not a holiday but an adventure, perhaps even a journey of self discovery... :augie

Haha thanks Mate, I will probably be ready to collapse after that lot but I really wanna do as much training to help with the off road sections of Argentina and Chile! so just gonna have to go for it!!
I will pop out and get a camel back tomorrow and use that on the course. Just need some trousers now, hard to get short fat sizes :)

I just booked on the basic level one course on the 8th and 9th October, chickened out of the 10th in case I can't walk or sit on a bike after the 8th/9th !! I am booked into the Ashgrove on 7th / 8th and 9th. see you on the course.

Andy....try and get someone to drive you home afterwards...believe me, you'll have bruised muscles you never knew existed!!......:D

I'm on the Level One course on those dates along with one of the lads from work.

See you then :thumb2

As MrPDiddy is away on his "journey of self-discovery" (whatever that means, as I'm sure it's a holiday)......I'm on the Day in the Dirt, so look forward to seeing you there.

MrsPDiddy

As MrPDiddy is away on his "journey of self-discovery" (whatever that means, as I'm sure it's a holiday)......I'm on the Day in the Dirt, so look forward to seeing you there.

MrsPDiddy

it is as he describes, wont be fun, just a trip that has to be done.:augie

Hi ScubaGSA

I'm on the day in the dirt on saturday. I did the level one course in March. I hope I haven't forgotten too much.
I'm staying up at BrynMorgan 9th and 10th. The place has a swimming pool, which I expect to need!

I will be in the Abercrave Inn on friday night if you fancy a beer. You can walk it from the Ancient Briton. I know I did it last time. Mrs PDiddy may join us later.

Hope the cold gets better. See you there.

Regards,

Path.

Sounds good, will walk over to the Abercrave on Friday night for a couple of pints (assuming I can still walk!!!) U cant miss us, I am 5'8 dark hair with goaty beard and almost as wide and my mate Bennett is 6'4 thinner and blond. we will probably be hobbling :)
Cheers,

Andy
ScubaGSA

Sadly ...

... Andy won't be walking over to the Abercrave, or anywhere else for that matter, not for a little while :blast

Apparently he was on a downhill section late on day 2 of the Off-Road course, caught his foot on something but the bike kept going breaking his leg.

Spiral fracture of the tibia and a clean break of the fibia (or maybe the other way around), either way it's fecked !

Now pinned through the knee and ankle and an external cage fitted to stabilise it before plating and screwing together later this week :eek:

Attachments

• Andy leg.jpg
    Andy leg.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 464
A top bloke, hope your leg mends quickly and you can still go ahead with your mega trip on schedule. All the best. Frank

Get well soon

Hi ScubaGSA,

I heard you had had an off. Hope you are comfortable. Met some others on the day in the dirt. Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet. Had a great time.:thumb

Hope you get to do your trip as planned. Look forward to hearing about it.

Regards,

Path.

I had wondered who it was that got the aircraft out to them. Bab luck Andy. It was grand to chat to you on the course and get well soon

Stu :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom