450 Wanted

I would give Wollaston BMW a ring i'm sure they would give you a good deal, i know they have a couple of used ones there. Ask for Steve Nash as i know he deals with most of the off road bikes. I'm sure you wont be disappointed it you do get one, they are great bikes.

Graham

Save yourself a lot of hassle and don't do it....unless you want to be an unpaid beta tester.

Some of these bikes have a lot of problems and are known to be temperamental. Yet other folks have not had any issues.

Some BMW staff have sold theirs due to reliability issues and gone to other brands !!!

I rejected mine and got my money back from BMW Finance. My (ex) G450X is now being sold by Bahnstormer.

I can fill you in more if you want - PM me as I have collated a whole host of "inside info" from BMW relating to these bikes in making may case for a refund. Mean time, read this http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193350

and this

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195185

Windy, there are horror stories in every brand sold..... even the next one you will/have bought into. There is an exectable fault ratio statistic that mass production works to, there is no 100% perfect.......:(
There are plenty of rally bikes being built at present using this bike as a base, the europeans are bang at it, so I recon there is a future for the G450X, most of the bikes will ride and perform, but there will be units with faults. That's mechanical machines for you....... ;)

Timpo.

PS. What is a year old G450X with 95 hours on it worth.......:augie:D

Timpo.

one on ebay at the moment. Closing shortly.

Been watching it for a while but cant afford it, no connection to seller.

I phoned the guy up who's selling it on eBay and there's a 4 grand reserve on it, it's done 61 hours. Close to the magic 70 hour service then! ;)

However, it's had the regular services apparently. :rolleyes:

He sounded like a car dealer as he answered the phone with some trade name which I didn't catch. Oh and there was one previous owner despite what he says on eBay.

PS. Windy Chuff - apart from the BMW recall stuff, I've had no problems with my bike other than a faulty battery which was replaced under warranty.

Graham

Save yourself a lot of hassle and don't do it....unless you want to be an unpaid beta tester.

Some of these bikes have a lot of problems and are known to be temperamental. Yet other folks have not had any issues.

Some BMW staff have sold theirs due to reliability issues and gone to other brands !!!

I rejected mine and got my money back from BMW Finance. My (ex) G450X is now being sold by Bahnstormer.

I can fill you in more if you want - PM me as I have collated a whole host of "inside info" from BMW relating to these bikes in making may case for a refund. Mean time, read this http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193350

and this

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195185

Your not that big tall bloke I met at the D2D are you?

I phoned the guy up who's selling it on eBay and there's a 4 grand reserve on it, it's done 61 hours. Close to the magic 70 hour service then! ;)

However, it's had the regular services apparently. :rolleyes:

He sounded like a car dealer as he answered the phone with some trade name which I didn't catch. Oh and there was one previous owner despite what he says on eBay.

PS. Windy Chuff - apart from the BMW recall stuff, I've had no problems with my bike other than a faulty battery which was replaced under warranty.

Thats a ridiculous price - a quick look on the approved used bmw website will tell you this. My ex g450x is for sale with BMW at £3995 with Akro can, 400 miles, 20 hours.

Windy, there are horror stories in every brand sold..... even the next one you will/have bought into. There is an exectable fault ratio statistic that mass production works to, there is no 100% perfect.......:(
There are plenty of rally bikes being built at present using this bike as a base, the europeans are bang at it, so I recon there is a future for the G450X, most of the bikes will ride and perform, but there will be units with faults. That's mechanical machines for you....... ;)

Timpo.

PS. What is a year old G450X with 95 hours on it worth.......:augie:D

Timpo.

Sure, but the G450X was brought to market prematurely and without adequate testing blah blah blah, and is renowned within BMW internally for having reliability issues.

Some owners have been lucky, I just wish I was one of them.

Take yer chances - or buy something thats a bit more proven - just my 2-penneth.

I love my G450x

any bike that can survive the Alto turia is fine with me :thumb

regular oil and filter changes.......much like a ktm exc

Nope. Was out of the UK when D2D was on. Why?

Oh there was some other bloke who had nothing but hassle with his 450 and it was also in at Bahnstormers... I introduced him to another dealer who gave hims some good advice...

SLM are giving away £1600 worth of extras if you buy one before the end of the month, read into that what you want.

Mind you if I broke down outside SLM I would rather push the bike to the next dealer than give them any money to fix the bike.

lo-iq i was the guy that you met at d2d. bmw have given me a new bike. thanks to bahnstomers. was out yesterday what a differance. windy i saw your bike in the shop i would buy it! i dont understand why you didnt take it, full rebuild new crank. compared to the issues i had, a crack on the end of the crank is nothing. but i stuck with it and didn't go bleeting on every 450 forum in the world. I do not post on forums. yes i read them filter out the BS, and occasionly post like now. if you dont like the 450 dont go around putting people off only after riding yours for 10 hours. it is a good bike! there are many people out there that are really happy with theirs!!!!!! go on then buy somthing orange and join the masses(they have problems two) while i will ride pasted you on something white.

sdh2020

nice to have met you, hope our coffee and hospitality was okay.

How did the bloke do you did the spannering for?

Also I thought a needless plug was in order there's a nice 450 for sale at Vines now...
used at the D2D by the Help for Hero's team

in this clip

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6539031&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6539031&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/6539031">Dawn to Dusk 2009 2nd teaser trailer</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2247258">NomadtravellerTV</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

go on then buy somthing orange (they have problems two)

They have more than 'two' problems, mate :D ..... I've seen it all over the years, so all this BMW this, BMW that but not KTM is total bu!!sh!t.......

Timpo.

lo-iq i was the guy that you met at d2d. bmw have given me a new bike. thanks to bahnstomers. was out yesterday what a differance. windy i saw your bike in the shop i would buy it! i dont understand why you didnt take it, full rebuild new crank. compared to the issues i had, a crack on the end of the crank is nothing. but i stuck with it and didn't go bleeting on every 450 forum in the world. I do not post on forums. yes i read them filter out the BS, and occasionly post like now. if you dont like the 450 dont go around putting people off only after riding yours for 10 hours. it is a good bike! there are many people out there that are really happy with theirs!!!!!! go on then buy somthing orange and join the masses(they have problems two) while i will ride pasted you on something white.

Woah; chill dude.

You are not quite right my friend.

The bike also had an endemic hot starting problem meaning jump leads had to be used just about every time I killed the engine. BMW could not find the root cause of the problem, but claimed they had fixed it by adjusting the idle speed and subsequently expected me to accept that. And I have that in writing from BMW. Now this BS riled me, so I told 'em to keep it and give me my money back...

Posting on 2 forums isn't what I'd call "every 450 forum in the world". If you don't like forums and free speech then you know what to do.

Now don't get me wrong, the G450X is a great bike when it works. I was unlucky and so have many others been. But then many others have been lucky too.

Make you own mind up. Each to their own and all that. And I am sure that readers of this forum are able to make their own minds up.

Theres good and bad in all bikes... If you fancy a G450X then buy yourself one.

I must admit they do sound awesome with the baffle removed from the akra.

Knighters bike sounded mint.

Back
Top Bottom