garmin mount for K1100RS

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
any one know what mount to use for my garmin on a BMW k1100rs. I cannot fit the the ram ball u bolt on the handlebars. i was thinking maybe a mount that fits on top of the brake or clutch fluid reservoir? even pointing me in the right direction (excuse the pun) wold be great.

any one know what mount to use for my garmin on a BMW k1100rs. I cannot fit the the ram ball u bolt on the handlebars. i was thinking maybe a mount that fits on top of the brake or clutch fluid reservoir? even pointing me in the right direction (excuse the pun) wold be great.

Why can't you fit it to the handlebars? Mine is - '94 K1100RS. OK it's a tight fit (using the supplied Garmin kit) but it's doable enough. I did trim the plastic yoke cover ever so slightly but thats optional. I also have a Touratech lockable mount fitted to the standard RAM mount.

I had problems fitting a Ram mount for a Zumo 660 to KTM bars because they are tapered. The centre of the bars where I wanted to mount it were too large a diameter for the 27mm internal diameter of the supplied U bolt. I found that Radio Spares sell a U bolt with a 34mm internal diameter which fits over the bars but still fits through the slotted holes in the Ram part.

The U bolts came in a pack of ten so if the bar diameter is your problem I have 9 left and you are welcome to have one if you want one.

Looking at pictures of a k1100rs I can see it is more to do with the trim on the bars. However if anybody needs a U bolt they can have one of mine.

I had problems fitting a Ram mount for a Zumo 660 to KTM bars because they are tapered. The centre of the bars where I wanted to mount it were too large a diameter for the 27mm internal diameter of the supplied U bolt. I found that Radio Spares sell a U bolt with a 34mm internal diameter which fits over the bars but still fits through the slotted holes in the Ram part.

The U bolts came in a pack of ten so if the bar diameter is your problem I have 9 left and you are welcome to have one if you want one.

Looking at pictures of a k1100rs I can see it is more to do with the trim on the bars. However if anybody needs a U bolt they can have one of mine.

many thanks for your kind offer. I shall pm you my details. I didn't really want to go trimming the trim but if needs be..., i would like to try a wider u bolt first to see if that works. thanks to everyone for the advice.

my first thought is onto the cast fluid reservoir cover plate with RAM-B-345 or RAM-B-346.

Again year of model is not given and then unsure why u-bolt is suggested (seen done on K1200RS) .

An 'earlier trick on this bike was to use RAM-B-252 as shown below..

BMW_K1200S_grab11_86.jpg

Back
Top Bottom