Google Earth points to Mapsource?

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

What is easiest way to create a waypoint in Mapsource from a point in Google Earth?
I currently just re-type the co-ords, is there an easier way?

Ta

Bin

google to mapsource

Bin,

I've looked at this so that I create an off road route by taking the co-ordinates from google tracks and entering them as waypoints in mapsource, one before I should turn and one after. I can do it but I hope theres a better way. I just replied to a thread further up the list

Put a marker on the google point and from the box that appears copy and paste the co ordinates into new way point in map source. The ones you have shown look like the ones google earth use, and for some reason google reads mapsource, but mapsource wont read the google without slight alteration. Look at the way mapsource presents its co-ordinates and alter ie The N is at the beginning not the end, and then take out the signs for degrees mins and seconds, leaving a space between every thing except where the seconds are split to the decimal point. I tried it and it works no problem, but hope someone has a quicker way, as creating a route takes time.

Bill

not quite the same thing, but there is a plug in to download straight to the GPS from google Earth
Linky Linky

I guess you could then upload it back to mapsource

Back
Top Bottom