What should I buy

Rob J

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for some GPS & associated kit which enables me to:

1. Navigate my way around country lanes (on & off road)
2. Pair the device with my cell phone (view incoming calls on the GPS screen etc)
3. Get a headset that you can use with the GPS & phone and also use as a bike to bike radio.

Am i asking the impossible?

If not what kit would you recommend to meet my requirements and where should i go to make said purchase.

What GPS ?

Working on that too and trying to avoid the rip of pricing of what's on the market now for bikers.

Had a Starcom1 and Quest GPS for five years and that's worked great but Bluetooth is the answer.

So far I've bought a Motosonic-700BH, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-MotoSonic...355947ba7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1841wt_1165 , which comes with a headset for the helmet and pairs fine with the phone for making and receiving calls and surprisingly well for listening to music that's on the phone so now I need to find a GPS that will send Bluetooth instructions and with this Givi bag, http://www.motorworks.co.uk/bmw/products/product.php?f=b&bke=bmw&q=s850 , won't need to be one of the mega expensive waterproof ones, I hope. Any ideas where to start looking appreciated.

:thumb2

Zumo 660 + Autocom

Navigation is easy, go for the Zumo 660. However off road is a little tricky because these maps are usually extras. I download the pdf maps and keep them on my iphone for off-roading.

The zumo 660 will pair will your phone via blue tooth so you can see who is calling, answer, access phone book etc

I pair all this with an autocom unit, have done for years and it works really well. Music mutes when phone calls come in. Also works with my Kenwood radio.

Not cheap but a great solution and the support should you need it from Autocom is Excellent.

Bit expensive wknight

But my dear wife :comfort has just asked me what I'm looking at on the pc thing and had a flap and announced she has bought a Garmin GPS with a wide screen and bluetooth for my birthday. Yipee, it probably wont be waterproof but can get round that. Keep ya posted.

Back
Top Bottom