660 problem

LBL

Reaction score
Hi All,

I got my new 660 2 days ago, i have used the info of here and everything is up and running but i have a problem today.

I loaded my music onto the SD card earlier and it is on there, plays and is fine, however, i want to add another album, now when i plug the zumo into the computor, initially i get the picture on the zumo with the lead plugged in, then after about 10 seconds it disappears and the zumo loads maps and starts as normal and the card is not recognised.

I have turned the computor off, taken out the card and reloaded but its the same everytime

Any ideas folks

sorted

Its sorted,

i took it down to the bike and plugged it in on the bike and something happened because the clock was reading 1am, then it cleared and now all is ok and i have loaded Kings of Leon :)

The same 'unrecognised' USB connection problem

I'm getting a similar problem. About 6 times out of 10 when I connect to the PC, as soon as the PC recognises the 660's USB connection the Zumo goes straight through to the maps (as per normal navigational use) rather than the PC seeing the Zumo and card as 2 additional drives. I can hear the 'beep' as the PC finds the additional USB connection but within a few seconds I get the 'USB disconnected' beep too.

The only way I have found to get around it is to have Mapsource open and as soon as the connection is recognised, very quickly click the upload icon to move tracks/waypoints from the unit to Mapsource. That seems to lock the unit to the PC and I can then do other stuff like moving files around etc. It's not a very satisfactory solution but due to not having the time, I haven't done any tests yet to see if I can identify why it's doing that.

I have also had a problem transferring routes/waypoints from PC to Zumo, whereby Mapsource said it had sent the routes, but the 660 said they weren't there. The touch screen calibration also went 'out' at the same time and I was having to touch the screen all over to find the actual 'enter' point. Eventually, after a hard reset, the routes appeared in the unit and the screen worked ok again without me having done anything else. I guess it had some kind of fit, but it's been ok since.

In spite of the above, having used the Zumo in the car for a few weeks and also just done a 5 day tour around France on the bike with it, I'm well impressed with the 660 when actually in use. It worked perfectly even in torrential rain in France and the much larger screen, Lane Assist function and higher sound volume are great improvements after the Quest (with earplugs I couldn't hear the Quest voice prompts above about 10 mph).

Back
Top Bottom