Princetown II Thank you all

Dave & Val

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
First we would like to thank the Raffle sponsors: Ocean BMW, SPC, BVM Moto, World of BMW, Sherlocks, Pidcocks, Blue Bell BMW, City slicker, Yosi and the guys who put gifts in the raffle, but I did not get the Names, Thank you all very much we made £430 for charity.

Chris "The Colonel" for the Disco, and the hours you and the team put in to cooking the BBQ, cheers Chris, Simon & Charlie, and all the others who had some in put.

Stumpy cheers mate for taking the lead on your run to the North.

Yosi for taking charge at the right times, and Jim and Denise for running the raffle, Paul for selling tickets and all your help over the weekend.

Val for keeping me in check and getting every thing in the right place at the right time.

And of course to everyone who made the effort to attend and make it one hell of a good weekend Thank you

See you at the next one.

Dave & Val
Plymouth

princetown

Dave and Val
Just a short note to say a great big thank you for all the effort that you took to see that we all had a great time, I came down with the mad scots persons all I can say is that with their Great company and your great do.. I contrived for the first time in a long time to enjoy a ralley where everyone talked together and had a good time together without any club politics or agenda's........
Well done.
Thanks.

Tim

Well done Big Dave and The Boss Val.

I know you were a bit nervous about the weekend but we all had a great time and no doubt the pics taken prove it.
De, that's the shy and retiring daughter, we did warn you about that demon alcohol! :beer:

Chris

PS Those of you occupying the isolation ward of Plymouth General Hospital with extremely leaky "valves"....Charlie,Chris and Simon say "sorry".

Captain Beaky gets down and dirty!

Firstly a big thanks to all that made Princetown II the memorable weekend it was - great to se that the club has now got the problem of the weather sorted, I look forward to a 'dry' Yorkshire next year!!

Howard, Andrew and I left Princetown araound 10:15 and manged to get to Blandford Forum before we had done any more than 2 miles on an A road.

We just chose a rough route from the map and followed H's GPS - even when it said straight ahead and the only 'roads' went left and right! That's when the Captain took umbridge to being asked to have the front wheel in one rut of an overgrown farmtrack and the rear wheel in another.

The result - me in the brambles and Captain Beaky in the dirt!! Just remember when you next go 'off road' - don't take panniers without some alternative method of attaching them to the bike, but they can be useful for carrying home the other bits that, er, drop off on the way!

Thanks to Howard and Andrew for helping me back up and on my way - and also for not laughing, at least in my presence!

Captain Beaky suffered some monor 'facial scratches' but is at this moment recovering from some emergency, private, plastic surgery and hopes to make a full recovery.

If the first half of my journey home was great, the second was a disappointment as I then joined the Sunday throng on the A1/M27 arriving home grazed but happy around 5pm.

Great to meet all the old and new faces and look forward to doing it all again next year.

Iain

Ta

Just got back after 'Princetown II', went to visit 'Blonde relation' in north Devon, then up a bit, over the Severn Bridge and right up central Wales to Anglesey. My eyes are on stalks.

Thanks Dave and Val for a great weekend although I won't miss the farting and snoring of the the last couple of nights!
Decided to give up work and just enter GS club raffles, present form (5 wins from 3 raffles)!!

Great to see everyone.
Tim (Anglesey)

Thank you all for a great weekend, Dave and Val for looking after me and Mrs Bakerman.

The Boys, for the Bar bee Q of a life time, COOL BOYS.

Stumpy for the Tiverton to Dulvaton turning.

All who looked out for Mrs Bakerman when she was out on the trip on her own.

City Slicker for getting us off the Moor with his GPS Thingee.

Notadrop for the overtaking me on the A30, man Margrets got a nice backside.

And Mrs Bakerman for joining me on a trip out.

See you all again another time

princetown11

What can I say! the 1st GS event I've been to and it was exceptional. My thanks to everyone who made it a special weekend, perhaps a special thanks to Dave & Val for organising the weekend and the weather! See you all at the next one. John B:beerjug:

Thanks to all

Excellent weekend.

Thanks to those airheads on the way down for proving I can still get +50mpg. Chris I hope the knee gets better.

Thanks to Stumpy for the North run. Loved the 1:4's and the scenery was great. Thanks to the BIG man in the sky for getting me through two of the bends without falling off and postponing my free pass to the Pearly Gates. Truth is all that crashed was my bottle. So I am a whimp, I admit it.

Thanks to those miners on the BBQ.
Thanks for the great crack.
Thanks for the good humour all round.

Thanks to Bakerman and City Slicker for leading the BLAST back. FANTASTIC.
Notadrop - your filtering is incredible and how you can go that quick with 2 up I'll never know.

Mr and Mrs Bakerman - the guided tour of the bakery was great as was the food. I still have 1 pastie left over for today's lunch !! If ever I feel cold and hungry in Andover then I will come and give your oven a hug.

Bakerman, got the GPS on order yet ?

Most of all Thanks to Val and Dave for evrything.
Thanks to all the others who helped organise.

Can we do it all again next weekend ?

Princetown 2002

Dave & Val,
Thanks so much from all 3 of us Highland Hooterbeaks for the fantastic weekend. Thanks also to all the people who attended and made it the best event any of the 3 of us has aver attended!!
Stars you are one and all, too many people to single out for praise but they are what has made this Club the fast growing vibrant entity that it is. We scuttled back to Scotland with all the "Booty" looted at the raffle, shades of 1745 or what!
For those Anoraks interested in figures, we departed 09:45 and were at Crigellachie (almost home) at 22:20.
Miles travelled 1469 for me AndyCam (buzzbeak)
Fuel used - - lots
Oil used - - probably
Average speed - - well at one point we did actually cover 82 miles in 1 hr but thats 'cos I got confused with technology and the rev counter thingy.
Do it again, you bet your life on it.
Thanks once again
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Attachments

• bakerman.jpg
    bakerman.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 469
Thanks to you both Dave and Val for the organising and arranging you did. Also your family/friends and members. A big thanks to you ALL!
I'm chuffed as I won an ace Airhorns kit donated by City Slicker in the raffle. PLUS the weather.....need I say more.
Sunday a really good ride home. Thanks Bakerman [ it was a hoot to follow you with that wicker basket strapped on the back!], Bakerwoman, City Slicker [ One day I will catch you!], Malky [low flying UFO!] - great to ride with folk as good as you!
We were given a guided tour in Andover, of Bakermans bakery - Nirvana! Thanks a lot for stuffing us full with the world's finest bread and ham and those mmmmm pasties! If you haven't been there - good! ...it's MY secret and I wont tell where it is. Going up with empty panniers next time!
:p
Great to meet so many new faces and visit some great places! [poetry??]

They came from the North...they came from the South.....they even came by sea!
F:\My Folder\My Pictures\Imga0100.jpg

Attachments

• dodgy.jpg
    dodgy.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 348
..great weekend ...

Many thanks to Dave and Val for organising a great weekend...
and to every one who contributed .. and all those who attended

.. like others have said .. it was good to put faces to those 'names' .. although we want a few more of those 'names' appearing at the next do...

Com'on folks don't be shy ..if ya brave enough to put loads of blurb on the bul board and the e-group get ya bum down to the next one and meet the people face to face ...it's an even better experience!

My thanks to the Colonel for the practical demonstration of the rudimentarty techniques used by early iron-age man to form those first implements of destruction ... always wanted to own a forge! ....was that barby hot or what!

....nobody seemed to twig that the plan was to wait until darkness so nobody could see what they were eating...

Great stuff ... lookin' forward to the next ..

Regards Charlie

More...

Dave and Val - excellent weekend!

Where the hell you got the weather from is beyond me!

Just read the 'skirtie' boys posts (Andy Cam and co) - seems they got home before us Yorkshire folk - yep, 22.50 when we walked (or hobbled) into the house - my eyes, my ears, my arse and my knees were/still are killing me! - I will leave others to explain!)

We (That's the Yorkie boys), would especially like to thank the traffic cop in his 'stealth' Vauxhall Omega who caught all 4 of us fair and square at speeds in excess of 90mph as we approached that big bridge thingy leading into Wales from Bristol - he managed to get into our slipstream un-noticed, drive by slapping us on the wrists and shooting off - we assume he is a member of GSClubUK - if not, he is now:)

(I will be writing to his Chief Constable asking that he be thanked for his public-spirited actions !!!).

Anyway, thanks to all again - the events are just getting adictive!

I've been working on the piccies and will be getting them up and posted shortly, in the meantime here's a taster (you will notice alcohol and good times feature quite heavily).

Dave & Norman - the 'Elder Lemons' ;-)

Attachments

• sam, chilling.jpg
    sam, chilling.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 199
thorn amongst 3 roses

Attachments

• bmw-logo.jpg
    bmw-logo.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 360
Done enough for tonight - will try and work out a way of getting all the others sorted - STAND BY!!!

Back
Top Bottom