Top trail riding in Cyprus!!

Geordie Foote

Reaction score
I only popped to Pathos for a full fat boys breakfast, next minute I'm headed for Akamas Penninsular, up on the pegs bouncing along a 30Km long dirt track trying to:
1. Stay on the bike.
2. Avoid old ladies wearing knee lenght wooly socks with bino's round their necks.
3. Fend off wild dogs.
4. Scape the wildlife from between the exaust down pipe and sump guard.
5. British holiday makers in 4X4's thinking they are on the Paris-Dakar rally while still nursing the previous nights hangover.
6. Getting sand blasted by the aforementioned 4X4 dust storm.
7. Loosing my tabs somewhere en-route and spending far too long looking for them.

But , what a top day out.
Sorry if youre reading this BawdyMonk, I know how desperate you are to get your Adventurer dusty, I'll try and get something organised shortley. At least I've done the recce now.
350Kms done today and I've still got 2 bars on the fuel gauge!!!!
Photos to follow, once I sort out my admin!!!!!

Pictures as promised

Couple of pictures from Cyprus.

Attachments

• ride out.jpg
    ride out.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 120
Trail Riding Cyprus

Hi Geordie,

I am thinking of running a trail ride/navagational rally/treasure hunt in Cyprus in 2005. Could you tell me what the availability of rental bikes with a dual sport focus is like in Cyprus. I actually lived in Cyprus for a year back in 1990 but wasnt into the bikes then. I would probably need about 30 bikes. I have been upto the Akamas peninsular and the Troodos Mountains previously and would probably like to the run the event in these regions 2 days in each with a rest day in between. It would probably have an offroad bias mixed with road. I know that KTM run a week in Cyprus which I may use as a recce. Any advice would be appreciated. We are off to Spain in September this year running a similair event.

Regards

Richard

Trail Riding in Cyprus

Richard,

We have a house and rental property in the shadow of the Besparmak Mountains in North Cyprus. We are in the process of setting up a Mountain Trail-riding holiday business with 125 trailies. As the Green Line is effectively fully open, would you consider running an element of your event in the North?

My 1200GS came from the BMW dealer in Nicosia, where they had them in stock, UK dealers were quoting 9 months.

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom