FISH N CHIP RUN - WEST WALES COAST - SOMETIME SOON??

retroman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We had a great trip to Aberaron last year ... up for it again are we? If so, any suggestions re dates ... howsabout Saturday 17th July (a way off I know but time flies)

Fish and Chips

How about Barmouth,

a bit further afield with some good roads in between.

I have a couple of routes from previous trips.

Anytime suits me.

cheers

Gerry H.

Sounds good to me. Was in New Quay on Sunday - tourists everywhere and parking spaces limited. How about a riverside pub lunch in Cenarth (between Newcastle Emlyn and Cardigan) on the way ? Its a suggestion, but I will go with the flow.

In the Jungles of Malaysia in July for a month but any other time sounds good to me. Gonna have to put off the thought of all them leeches eating offa me some how. 4 weeks living rough, pissing down, leeches, monkeys, elephants spiders etc,,,, bliss. Just like Ireland last year.

ANDY

sounds good!! will know about commitments closer to the time though.

Re: Fish and Chips

Gerry Huxtable said:
How about Barmouth,

a bit further afield with some good roads in between.

I have a couple of routes from previous trips.

Anytime suits me.

cheers

Gerry H.

Last time I was in Barmouth the place was full of drunken Scouse slappers. Gerry, this sounds like a plan.

:D

Would be good..

Would be nice to meet up with other GS rides, as I have only just bought mine and feeling all alone up here.. i would be up for, baring other unexpected commitments..

PS anyone else near Buckley North Wales?? Or am I on my todd again...

:rolleyes:

Yup, if i'm not working, and don't double book the same weekend as the hog roast!!!

Gawdammit I could use a few extra LBS like a Hole in The Remus!

:rolleyes: Yeah, Andy and Dennis are getting Electrical tonight :confused: Shocking but Illuminating :D I reckon you can count on three between us, and yes Throw it open to the Englanders too :p :p ;) :beerjug:

Pee Ess, why wait lets have one in a week and another in July and another in August :D

Madmountainman said:
don't double book the same weekend as the hog roast!!!

MMM the pig roast is the following weekend

OK so it looks like a 1 day blast on 17/07 to Barmouth with Gerry leading and an RV along the route with the northern crew ... sonds a good way to waste a day

Apologies to Andy Melton, stuck in a rainforest witha party of teenage schoolgirls ... need a helper sir??

:D

Plan A

Provisional - comments please???

Meet West End, Llandovery for 1015 am depart.

Meet 2
Devils Bridge for tea stop at cafe with big horse in front!!
Old garage I think? Depart about 1130.

Barmouth front, cafe next to leisure centre about 1230 - 1300
Meet up with northern posse? Depart about 1400.

Head home via Bala and lake Vyrnwy. Tea stop at Lake View tea room. Depart about 1600.

Finish at Crossgates about 1700 and disperse.

cheers

Gerry H.

Plan B

same as Plan A

but stay in Barmouth Sat night, get pissed and go home Sunday.:D

I have details of a guesthouse with secure parking.

£25 night B&B , all ensuite except 1.

4 doubles

1 twin

2 singles

12 beds if you dont mind sharing!!! all available as of tonight.

let me know.

Gerry H.

I will be thinking of you as i face another night in the jungles with the young ladies?

retroman said:
up for it again are we? If so, any suggestions re dates ... howsabout Saturday 17th July

Bollox. Another weekend I can't make.

Sprog is coming to stay for a fortnight. He's too chicken to ride on the bike.

"Andy and Dennis are getting Electrical tonight"

Rob, Just happened to call by Dennis' as they were finishing. Very impressed with Andys new lights etc. Have booked 17th July so no excuses this time.

Back
Top Bottom